Thread: watchin satellite TV on PC!?

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Is it possible to watch satellite programming on PC? I have the video card that supports video IN/Out. So connecting my satellite receiver to PC won't be a problem, but i m just wondering if its even gonna work?

I mean i have seen my friends have hooked up cable TV with their PC's and then they use Windows Media Center to watch, record, and to do a lot of others things.

I'm not sure if its the same case with satellite receiver too? So once i hook up the satellite receiver to my PC, will i be able to see TV guide n all in Media Center?

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807
    Is it possible to watch satellite programming on PC? I have the video card that supports video IN/Out. So connecting my satellite receiver to PC won't be a problem, but i m just wondering if its even gonna work?

I mean i have seen my friends have hooked up cable TV with their PC's and then they use Windows Media Center to watch, record, and to do a lot of others things.

I'm not sure if its the same case with satellite receiver too? So once i hook up the satellite receiver to my PC, will i be able to see TV guide n all in Media Center?
    Hi Sam, this location has information in which you are interested in.
    Ruel.Net PC-TV Page - Watch TV On Your PC
    it does go on for a bit, but it tackles all your concerns
    and gives you some ideas for building a unit that can do it all.

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Quote Originally Posted by kazaa2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807

Hi Sam, this location has information in which you are interested in.
    Ruel.Net PC-TV Page - Watch TV On Your PC
    it does go on for a bit, but it tackles all your concerns
    and gives you some ideas for building a unit that can do it all.
    Hey thanks for the link. Now i have only one problem.
    When i try to watch Satallite TV on Media Center, it gives me error that either my tuner card is malfunctioning or it wasn't installed properly.

My tuner card seems to working fine. I can watch satallite TV through tuner card, but Media center is giving me problems.

Do you or anyone else know what might be causing this?

My tuner card:
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/pctekonl...btvmastv1.html

please help!
    Last edited by sameer0807; 12-31-2005 at 10:47 AM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    hmm that's a homemade brand, because their official homepage is a yahoo store. Can you try DSPlayer on that system?

http://www.dsplayer.de/dspweb/index....ame=&password=

This program has builtin drivers to get your TV Card up and going.