Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blu-Ray??

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by despikable
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    The funny thing is that Blu-Ray is overkill for gaming and pre-movies (unless it's for box sets )

HD movies take up more space but not that much more.

It's great for mass storage/VCR replacement though.
    It may seem over kill now but whatbout in the future ? Which do you think will last longer?
    Ok then..the next decade.

Besides a box-set, I don't see a single movie needing 25 GB (and definitely not 50) even if it's in HD. Mind you I understand there will be certain interactive features included in the future like maybe clicking on something in the movie and it giving info on it.

Then there's gaming. Developers are going to have to really step up their game to fill 25 GB.

Now for mass storage and VCR replacement it's a no-brainer. Hell my entire TIVO is only 30 GB. If I could store and record 25 (& also 50) GB of HD on one disc and the media was affordable, I'd throw my VCR away.

However, I don't see the media being affordable for another 3 years (maybe more). It just holds too much. It'd throw the hard drive market for a curve if 25 and 50 GB discs were too low. The only thing it'd lack is seek time.

We just increased removable media recording space slightly more than 5 fold, ffs.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-07-2006 at 02:30 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123