Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Booster

My friend mentioned he got this Internet booster that made his download speed increase from 125MB/ps to around 400MB/ps. Well i asked if it was legal, and he said it was legal to use, but he wasnt sure if it was allowed by the ISP. So i was wondering if anybody knew NTLs stand on Internet boosters...

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    How much does a 125MB connection cost? $300/month?

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Sorry, i meant KB/s

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Poster
    well i know there are ways of uncapping your modem , but thats defintley not legal , and i havent herd of a program to download faster , basiclly what these programs do its download a webpage and make it avaible faster so if you type google.com it will retrive the webpage from your hard drive instead of there server then ask the server for any updates

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Then why does a site, i was reading have a quote from a guy who recons he was getting 900kb/s on a 1meg connection? Ill try and find the site again...

Also, it did mention that some of these things save the webpage to cache so it loads up faster. But it wasnt what this program did. Anyway, i just wanted to know what NTL had to say about these, and if they allowed them. I dont want my net cut off.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_pd
    Then why does a site, i was reading have a quote from a guy who recons he was getting 900kb/s on a 1meg connection? Ill try and find the site again...

Also, it did mention that some of these things save the webpage to cache so it loads up faster. But it wasnt what this program did. Anyway, i just wanted to know what NTL had to say about these, and if they allowed them. I dont want my net cut off.

why not just call and ask? oh and if you do dont' call from ur house or anythign that they may have on their database lol if u do that then they'll keep a closer watch on you, use like a payphone or ur friends or something.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    haha friends, its always fun to use friends adress and phone number for requirements on some websites

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    there used to be a program called TCP Optimizer.. have a lookie for it and see if that does any good

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala
    there used to be a program called TCP Optimizer.. have a lookie for it and see if that does any good
    http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    i never trusted all these programs, never seemed to help me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast