Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How much does it cost to go to the Theater?

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    I bet he was really dissapointed when he went to see silence of the lambs

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #62
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    I bet they just show babe all the time at your lurcal cinema manker, cause of teh hardcore sheepage
    Local cinema? Feck, we've only just got a Spar.

I gotta travel miles to a cinema that really isn't very local at all
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I bet they just show babe all the time at your lurcal cinema manker, cause of teh hardcore sheepage
    Local cinema? Feck, we've only just got a Spar.

I gotta travel miles to a cinema that really isn't very local at all
    Do you dodge the bus fare, or just say your missus is under 14.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbass
    That's exactly what I said

In your world the two things are congruent. I'm sure you'll allow me to make the distinction between theft of property and downloading a film.

Cheers for that.

By the way, my main cause of mirth is not about the stealing thing, it's the lengths you go to in order to save a couple of quid. To me, I'd never even entertain the thought of sneaking my missus into a cinema or buying her a child's ticket.

It's pretty demeaning and very childish.

Mind, that's only in my world - I'm completely sure that it's fine in bizzaro Busboyland.
    Well in my world I don't fanny about saying stealing isn't just to have a go at someone else. You take movies, music, and software without payment to the maker.

Then you say I go through lengths to save a couple quid when actually it's just the opposite.

1. Click 'child ticket'.

2. Walk in cinema.

Damn, I sure put myself out.

I banged a chick in her stairwell once. Why'd I do that when I could've banged her in her bed?

Damn I remember some other shit...

I get $30 subway farecards for $15 in blocks of 25 from a friend of mine. Sometimes the subway kiosk guy lets me through free.

According to thumbass I should pay full fare and refuse the half-price or free ride.

This is great.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-02-2006 at 08:18 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

In your world the two things are congruent. I'm sure you'll allow me to make the distinction between theft of property and downloading a film.

Cheers for that.

By the way, my main cause of mirth is not about the stealing thing, it's the lengths you go to in order to save a couple of quid. To me, I'd never even entertain the thought of sneaking my missus into a cinema or buying her a child's ticket.

Mind, that's only in my world - I'm completely sure that it's fine in bizzaro Busboyland.
    Well in my world I don't fanny about saying stealing isn't just to have a go at someone else. You take movies, music, and software without payment to the maker.

Then you say I go through lengths to save a couple quid when actually it's just the opposite.

1. Click 'child ticket'.

2. Walk in cinema.

I banged a chick in her stairwell once. Why'd I do that when I could've banged her in her bed?
    Coz' your a class guy, who loves and respects women.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Is stairwell a euphemism btw.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    good one bo

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

8. Lounge   -   #68
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbass

Cheers for that.

1. Click 'child ticket'.

2. Walk in cinema.

I get $30 subway farecards for $15 in blocks of 25 from a friend of mine. Sometimes the subway kiosk guy lets me through free.

According to thumbass I should pay full fare and refuse the half-price or free ride.

This is great.
    I'm trying to point out the difference with my world and your world.

In my world, had I stolen a microwave for my Mam, she would have dragged me back to the store by my ear, and made me return the 'gift'. In my world, if I suggest to my girlfriend that we sneak into a cinema without paying, she would not be impressed, would definitely ask if I'd gone mental and almost certainly offer to pay herself rather than have me demean her in that way.

In your world, these things are perfectly fine.

I have no problem with that. I'll do my thing, you can do yours. It's likely a cultural thing and as such outside of my judgmental jurisdiction.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

9. Lounge   -   #69
    manker's Avatar effendi
    good one bo

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

1. Click 'child ticket'.

2. Walk in cinema.

This is great.
    I'm trying to point out the difference with my world and your world.

In my world, had I stolen a microwave for my Mam, she would have dragged me back to the store by my ear, and made me return the 'gift'. In my world, if I suggest to my girlfriend that we sneak into a cinema without paying, she would not be impressed, would definitely ask if I'd gone mental and almost certainly offer to pay herself rather than have me demean her in that way.

In your world, these things are perfectly fine.

I have no problem with that. I'll do my thing, you can do yours. It's likely a cultural thing and as such outside of my judgmental jurisdiction.
    Yeah my mom didn't make a stink 'cause of how I got it. If had told her that I ran out of the store after snatching from off the shelf she wouldn't have wanted it. Since I used a valid receipt scanned into their automated customer pick-up, there was no problem.

For instance, a fella I play basketball with told me he can get Xbox's. I said cool get me one.

When I go up to the store, while in my car, he walks up and says for me to go in and buy something small, and the cashier that he knows will put the Xbox in my bag, and I just walk out. I told him FUCK NO I ain't doin' that. He went and got it and I payed him for it another day.

Hook-ups and hot merchandise are a dime-a-dozen.

As far as movie hopping that's done as a goof and not with hiding. There are super theater that just don't check tickets after your in and they definitely don't check adult/child. You walk out to get popcorn and walk back in. You walk out one theater and can walk right in another.

I can't imagine that on a date with the cop female that I'd have said to her, "We need to pay for our tickets."

I also can't imagine refusing half-price farecards.

As far as pointing out some cultural difference, that's not what you were doing. It amounted to "your stealing is despicable and mine is ok" (although they are both stealing). "Let's fuck with him".

Everyone has their limit as to what deemed ok like I wouldn't take something off a store shelf but would buy hot merchandise.

It's still wrong though and I can't be a hypocrite and say it's quite alright and there is nothing wrong.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-02-2006 at 09:12 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast