Thread: help required

not sure if this is the right place to post here but as this is my first post be kind ty.When i download a mpg file whilst it is downloading i can check to make sure it says what it is.But when i download an avi file it wont let me check till the end anyone know why this is and if theres a way around it.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Which program are you using?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    If you use Bit Torrent you can't preview (nor do you need to). You can preview AVI's on some of the P2P networks (if the files download sequentially,
    not in random blocks) using "AVI Preview". It used to come with Kazaa Lite.
    If you can find KL, during the install choose custom and only install AVI
    Preview. The Start >Programs will show KLite but it will only have AVI Previews (which does work very well).

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, it would help to know which program you are using.

One of the best video viewers for Previewing is VideoLan (VLC)
    * VLC is a free cross-platform media player.
    * It supports a large number of multimedia formats, without the need for additional codecs
    * It is available for almost every OS
    * It needs little CPU power

>Download VLC.
    >Remember where vlc.exe is located.
    >Add it to your Tools for right-click>Preview with.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    i currently use 360 share which to date i have had no major problems with.So if i download that vlc program.The next time i download an avi file i can preview it without downloading it all is that correct?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by archer1204
    i currently use 360 share which to date i have had no major problems with.So if i download that vlc program.The next time i download an avi file i can preview it without downloading it all is that correct?
    Yes, it should work ok IF the 360 share Program (not familiar with it myself) allows one to do this.
    Look around in it's Help or Options sections and see if there is something about "adding new Tools or Viewers for Previewing".

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    this is my understanding. As long as you have downloaded enough of the avi, you can preview it in vlc player. If a client locks the file bits so other apps cant use them, then just stop your client i.e 360 share program. But i too am not familiar with 360 share program. And i may be wrong about my post lol as i rarely view partially downloaded videos.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    well strangly enough i can preview my torrents with videolan and if your using emule, as well .
    Open your mind