Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote Best Metal

Poster
    I just dont like some1 screaming all the time, I love to hear what they are singing, and linkin park sounds smooth, AND I KNEW THEM BEFORE THE WERE POPULAIR, I almost never listen to populair bands (al least in holland the arent populair) like taproot, trutcompany, deftones, heideroosjes, incubes

2. Music   -   #52
    Poster
    The word 'pop' stems from popular music.

Linkin Park are a 'pop' band,their music is in the charts so its 'pop'.They might not sound like your average pop band but pop is what they are.I like Linkin Park and like pop so whats the problem..

Some of you kids have got to grow up a bit

3. Music   -   #53
    Originally posted by marine_aart@15 May 2003 - 08:43
    I just dont like some1 screaming all the time, I love to hear what they are singing, and linkin park sounds smooth, AND I KNEW THEM BEFORE THE WERE POPULAIR, I almost never listen to populair bands (al least in holland the arent populair) like taproot, trutcompany, deftones, heideroosjes, incubes
    problem is not if they are popular or not, its if they are good or not. you dont like screaming all the time?

listen to ozzy, listen to skid row. or if you like rap in metal, listen to stuck mojo, they were the first one to really rap in a metal song, since late 80s.

Dont like the screaming, check out the bands i listed as power-ish metal they never scream.

Get hunting high and low. it has lot of nice vocal melodies and the musicians are actually skilled unlike linkin park.

EDIT: NEMO as long as you know you're listening to pop its all good. You can listen to what you want i just dont like people going around saying LP is the best metal band. hurts me inside.

4. Music   -   #54
    Poster
    pfff, why do you see stop listening to mainstream??? I dont think they have become famous because the suck, and nobody buys crap (altough I hope so)

5. Music   -   #55
    In the END, ONE STEP CLOSER, SOMEWHERE I BELONG or anysong you name can be compared to LED ZEPPLIN's Stairway to Heaven ... HEH NOWAY DUDE
    Great song... don't get me wrong.... Written in exactly twenty minutes.
    I'm afraid that a lot of songs have transcended it though. And the song is definately overplayed.......

As for Metallica and Slayer being the most influential band of the '80s metal scene, I agree.....

But we live NOW in 2003.... There is a lot of talent out there these days that don't want to conform to the standard METAL straight jacket......

And I think we are forgetting what metal means.........
    Not copying or staying with the same old riffs from 20 years ago.
    I say if you mix in a DJ or experiment with some sounds or whatever, and the song rocks..... Fuckin aye!!!!

BTW ... I believe that all music has something to offer, besides we are in musicworld.... So don't straight jacket yerself to one genre people....

As for the music of the '80s never coming back.... most of it was shit to begin with, so I say good!

One question... has anyone heard any new stuff from Metallica, or is the stuff still the fake band from Edmonton?????

6. Music   -   #56
    Originally posted by marine_aart@15 May 2003 - 08:48
    pfff, why do you see stop listening to mainstream??? I dont think they have become famous because the suck, and nobody buys crap (altough I hope so)
    hahaha actually EVERYONE BUYS CRAP.

here we got the dumbest fuckn show ever, an american idol rip off thing. actually we got 2 of those. one with 12 years old kids. the other one with people that cant even sing on key.

and guess what? both were TOP OF THE CHARTS for the longest fuckn time.

People in general dont understand music. So they buy crap. why the fuck do you think back street boys and britney spears made more than 1 cd??? because people are dumb, got no musical ear and buy crap.

do yourself a favor and stop being one of those!

take a look at garageband.com so many good unsigned bands. it aint true that the ones who make it big are the best. other thing.... why the hell do u think theres so much freakn rap out there? because its good music? hell no its drum loops with some dude talking over it while looking like a freakn cliche of himself. But people are stupid so people buy it and record companies want more of the same.

THats what happened with korn and the other shit ass bands like linkin park. Korn were sellings cds so they wanted more of the same kinda band and now we're stuck with all those shit bands.

7. Music   -   #57
    BANNED
    First of all i will say this linkin park are not pop nor are they metal at all.

As for the screaming lolz In flames yes has a lot of screaming in it but listen to alot of power metal it doesnt at all bands like

Iced Earth,
    Blind Gurdian, Nevermore,
    Helloween
    Angel Dust
    Control Denied
    Dio
    Overkill
    Queensruche
    Rage
    Sentenced

all these bands not many people know

8. Music   -   #58
    Originally posted by adthomp@15 May 2003 - 08:57
    all these bands not many people know
    thats about to change lets hope!

9. Music   -   #59
    Poster
    I completely agree with sandman.

and can some1 change the name of musicworld into warworld??? (adthomp's ID )

10. Music   -   #60
    Poster
    Originally posted by Someone_Else+15 May 2003 - 08:45--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Someone_Else @ 15 May 2003 - 08:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--marine_aart@15 May 2003 - 08:43
    problem is not if they are popular or not, its if they are good or not. you dont like screaming all the time?

listen to ozzy, listen to skid row. or if you like rap in metal, listen to stuck mojo, they were the first one to really rap in a metal song, since late 80s.

Dont like the screaming, check out the bands i listed as power-ish metal they never scream.

Get hunting high and low. it has lot of nice vocal melodies and the musicians are actually skilled unlike linkin park.

EDIT: NEMO as long as you know you&#39;re listening to pop its all good. You can listen to what you want i just dont like people going around saying LP is the best metal band. hurts me inside. [/b][/quote]
    I dont put up bounderies.

I just like good music whatever the genre.

Slating other music because you dont like it is pretty childish.We are all entitled to our own opinions,just because you dont like some music it doesn&#39;t make it right to say its shite.

It would be so boring if we all had the same tastes and the diversity of music in the world is great.I like to hunt out unknown bands rather then just jump on the bandwagon of other peoples &#39;pop&#39; choices.

@adthomp,your not sharing any of the bands you listed,shame as would have liked to check out some of your recommendations

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast