Thread: Port Question.

Question Mark

Recently the motel my dad manages had a wireless service installed from my cable internet. The guy who installed the service reset the password on the router so I can't forward ports. The wireless router is a
    3com OfficeConnect 3CRWE51196

I looked at the instructions for reseting the password, but was kind of confused and didn't want to do anything that might screw the wireless service up. Because of this I can't use Azureus. So can anyone help me?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    either reset the router by pressing the little factory restore button which will wipe all the current settings or ask the bloke for the password.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    >3com OfficeConnect 3CRWE51196

Sicne these are going for $30 on ebay you could buy another one so you could plug the original back in if there is a problem.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Try this:

Password: admin
    Last edited by erRor67; 01-04-2006 at 06:19 PM.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by erRor67
    Try this:

Password: admin
    I wouldn't have made this post if I hadn't tried that.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Well, then he didnt reset the password to default. Cause AFAIK, thats the default password for 3com OfficeConnect 3CRWE51196. Ur best bet is to manually reset it. Try looking for a small reset button on your router.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    He must have changed it so that whoever uses the wireless connection cant just access the ruouter's config.
    You'll have to call up the guy that installed it or reset it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8

Question Mark

Well I contacted him and he said that he wouldn't open them, because it would allow incoming traffic to access everyones HD on the wireless network. He also told me about some contract or agreement he had that prohibited him from doing what I asked him to do, so I'll just wait a while and then reset it myself.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I know a lot of router's reset switches reset the admin password too.
    Hold it down for 10-20 seconds.

If all fails, you might be able to brute force it overnight and get it in the morning. (hopefully it doesn't limit the access attempts per time period)
    search google for a brute force program. They merely go through and generate every possible number/letter combo passwords to gain a small password. If it's over 5-7 characters, it'll probably take too long. If it's small, but has special characters such as $,%,&.. then it'll also take too long. Brute Force is pretty rough, but is very limited.
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 01-08-2006 at 05:46 AM.