Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Vista system requirements

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I don't think Vista will have all that much that can't be ported to XP. Imo the 1 thing that was going to differentiate Vista was WFS. But M$ cut that. So I see a BS OS.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I already got my vista theme Now I see what ya'll are talkin' about though... It'd be good to have I guess if you had a 64-bit real high-end computer, but if not...meh...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Well I'm going to backup microsoft here since I usually go against mainstream and say that it's still in the testing stages and we don't know what microsoft will whip out at us.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka
    Well I'm going to backup microsoft here since I usually go against mainstream and say that it's still in the testing stages and we don't know what microsoft will whip out at us.
    I don't see whats so bad about microsoft either...What have they done? If you're a microsoft hater can someone tell me why? A real reason too, seems like everytime I ask that no one gives me a straight answer or just says it because others say it without knowing why...

I need enlightnment! I wanna know too!
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    If these are the forecasted specifications, I would think that Microsoft has extremely "overshot" the current state of what retail system hardware is actually capable of.

From a business standpoint, it is not wise to pre-pack an operating system of Vista's calibur into hardware where the average configuration is roughly a 32-bit low-end AMD or P4 processor (Celeron D is also quite popular), 256-512meg of RAM and an 80gig harddrive. This is typically what you find on store shelves for the home-user. Media Centered PC's may reflect slightly higher. However the era where the average joe/jane-sausage head believes they have to spend over $1000 USD on their home PC is in the past. Microsoft most likely will cease to pre-pack XP with these retail PC's, at the time Vista becomes public, in favor of their latest favorite flavor. Which means what?.. that retail hardware manfacturers will start shipping and pushing higher-end PC configurations at the retail level? I really think that will be a tough sell given what PC users are willing to spend these days. And that for the hardware necessary to adequately run the next-gen windows OS, this will mean a higher end cost to manfuacturers which will trickle down to said sausage head. This is not even counting those current windows users looking to upgrade. Given the average PC setup, systems will most likely require to undergo a hardware upgrade as well along the lines of $100-$300 USD before spending another $200-$300 for Vista itself.

Izzy's outtake on it anyway.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka
    I don't see whats so bad about microsoft either...What have they done? If you're a microsoft hater can someone tell me why? A real reason too, seems like everytime I ask that no one gives me a straight answer or just says it because others say it without knowing why...

It's dislike of whatever or whooever the "Big Guy" is.

For instance, if M$'s IE7 kicks Firefox, there will be those that still won't like IE7 or M$. Claims that consumers were harmed by M$'s business dealings were exaggerated in media. I doubt consumers even gave it a thought until they "were told that they were harmed."
    Anothe thing is that since M$ is the big guy they are he most targeted by those that want to breach its security.

I say use what works best for you and pay allegiance to no one.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    I read int his article:

http://www.bentuser.com/article.aspx?ID=332&page=1

The comparison of XP/Vista.. and yeah to me.. Vista is still more or less just Looks... Cause just looking fromt hat article.. I would still prefer just the Theme of it but not much of the functiosn it provides...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt

It's dislike of whatever or whooever the "Big Guy" is.

For instance, if M$'s IE7 kicks Firefox, there will be those that still won't like IE7 or M$. Claims that consumers were harmed by M$'s business dealings were exaggerated in media. I doubt consumers even gave it a thought until they "were told that they were harmed."
    Anothe thing is that since M$ is the big guy they are he most targeted by those that want to breach its security.

I say use what works best for you and pay allegiance to no one.
    Thanks figured it was something along the lines of that. That was very helpful, thanks for the reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12