Thread: Gangs Of New York Cd1

The copy I downloaded (Ninja screener) has some problems about 40 min into the movie-the picture gets all screwed up, then freezes as the audio keeps going. I've tried viewing in BS Player, Real etc and installed the k-lite codec pack but no difference. Any ideas how to fix this? Are there any free avi "fix" programs? Thanks for any help.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    try to view it with Avi preview

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by danzak@21 April 2003 - 14:50
    The copy I downloaded (Ninja screener) has some problems about 40 min into the movie-the picture gets all screwed up, then freezes as the audio keeps going. I've tried viewing in BS Player, Real etc and installed the k-lite codec pack but no difference. Any ideas how to fix this? Are there any free avi "fix" programs? Thanks for any help.
    Problably some bad frames wgich make this,follow this guide and Im sure it will help you.
    Remove bad frames

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    You will need virtualdub_mp3.freeze to work with Gangs of New York..

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I had the same problem with this movie. Either repair it using what Crack_man suggested, or just skip the bad frames thats what I did.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    My copy plays fine in WMP9. I hate to be the one to say this, but I'm starting to think the Klite codec pack is the problem. I have yet to install this codec pack, and I can play anything, in WMP9.

I have the nimo codec pack, the ac/3 audio pack, and divx 5, that's it, and I can play anything.
    Proud member of MDS

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Thanks kindly everyone, I did what Archwolf and Crack man suggested and no luck still (virtual dub found the bad frames but when I re-saved the avi it still doesn't work after the bad frame part-you don't see the "meltdown" on the screen anymore, but the video stops while audio keeps going) . I'll try the vdmp3_freeze and see if that helps.
    I probably could just skip the 3-4 min of bad frames, but this has become personal for me now and I have to see if I can get it to work :-) What better way to learn though, eh?