Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Going From Intel To AMD

can I curse? FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    A fine example of how to rip someone off. A 12year old at that. Remind me to never buy anything from cpt_azad.
    lets see hmmm, u probably know more about computers than i do, therfore:

1) u would not fall for my tricks
    2) if you were in my shoes and had an oppurtunity to make extra money, then you would definitely do what i did

and ya it was an integrated onboard vid card that kid had, lol he still has no clue
    I feel sorry for the kid is all I have to say. But I guess money is more important to some people .
    Don't flame me misters!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234

2) if you were in my shoes and had an oppurtunity to make extra money, then you would definitely do what i did
    How dare you. You cannot know what I would do. It's my choice if I want to be honest and/or ethical or not. You have no right to decide that for me.

And no. I wouldn't do the same thing.
    one can only assume what goes on in that brain of yours, having experienced some bad times in my life, i kinda concluded that at the end of the day, its my interests and agendas that need to be fulfilled, not some 12 year old that doesnt know jack about comps, his loss, albeit he is my neighbour.

the way i see it, if you don't do your research then you deserve to get pwned, and besides, he's my f'ing neighbour, i know him, he doesn't play games like hl2 and stuff, his cpu is a freakin bottleneck, even if u gave him a 7800gtx, it would do more harm than good.

edit: to anyone that will prob. post to my "him not knowing" statement about how i could have taken the time to teach him some basics about hardware, ive got this to say: let him figure out, last i checked, no one taught me jack about comps, not even my dumb-as-fuck info tech teacher.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 01-11-2006 at 06:09 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    not even my dumb-as-fuck info tech teacher.
    LOL... mr. yung is a homo.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier
    ok so whats the topic now?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    edit: to anyone that will prob. post to my "him not knowing" statement about how i could have taken the time to teach him some basics about hardware, ive got this to say: let him figure out, last i checked, no one taught me jack about comps, not even my dumb-as-fuck info tech teacher.[/QUOTE]

Well there is a little matter called Karma , but I'm older so don't mean to flame I just take pride in what little knowledge I can share for free . Simple really but you'll learn .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by trajillo
    ok so whats the topic now?

Your right , I 'd stick with the intel go from there . Upgrade the cpu ?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    lynx's Avatar .
    Whether you go for Intel or Amd, you've got to change the motherboard.

All new Intel chipsets are now using DDR2 memory AFAIK, so if you go that route you've got to buy new memory too. If you go for Amd you save money or get a better processor, and there's a good chance that by the time you go for your next upgrade DDR3 will be in full swing, so you will have skipped DDR2 completely.

If you don't want to change to pci-e right now, but want the option of changing soon the Asrock choice seems pretty sensible.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    edit: to anyone that will prob. post to my "him not knowing" statement about how i could have taken the time to teach him some basics about hardware, ive got this to say: let him figure out, last i checked, no one taught me jack about comps, not even my dumb-as-fuck info tech teacher.

Well there is a little matter called Karma , but I'm older so don't mean to flame I just take pride in what little knowledge I can share for free . Simple really but you'll learn .

Yep...hope your mobo crashes and burns and costs you double to repair.....I have a 12 year old kid, they tend to be trusting of people they know, expecting at least a bit of fairness.....if you really ripped him off then you are a complete wanker and I don't care if this is an off topic flame.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier
    ok i've decided on this...but right now i got 2 sticks of 512 DDR400 so will it work with this ... it should.
    CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103562
    Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138264
    Graphics: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130214

Cpu price: around $450-500
    mobo price: around $100-120
    graphicss: around $200 - 225

and i got about $890 to spend...i should be fine

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I really regret my 6600gt but it just depends on what resolution u run games at.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast