Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2mg connection ... realy low speeds ?

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka
    If she is using utorrent or any other torrents, try changing the max connections and such to about 10,000. I did that and my speeds increased greatly to about 500 (Maxing my connection).
    thats is pretty bad advice. having lots of half open connections is a bad thing in windows.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    thanx guys

right a little more info ......

shes tried changing the port number to 33669 and her d/l's wouldnt start at all , she also changed the max connections and maximum connection of peers but that didnt make the slightest difference at all , her downloads are up and down in seconds one minute being 8.2 the next 29.4 etc , max download she has had was 48kB for about 5 seconds lol .

Her downstream is 2272kbps and upstream 288kbps ????

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka
    If she is using utorrent or any other torrents, try changing the max connections and such to about 10,000. I did that and my speeds increased greatly to about 500 (Maxing my connection).
    thats is pretty bad advice. having lots of half open connections is a bad thing in windows.
    Half open? I don't know man. Its all open and I'm enjoying my maxed out speed when downloading stuff.

What's the danger?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12