Thread: Guitar

Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    What songs can you play on the guitar?

I can play Schism-Tool,Smoke on the water-Deep purple and Left behind-Slipknot
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

2. Music   -   #2
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by andrewlamb098@21 April 2003 - 18:08

I can play pretty much everything i hear.
    Except most Dream Theater songs.. but hey, Petrucci is the best so no shame in that!

3. Music   -   #3
    Originally posted by Rocktron+21 April 2003 - 12:31--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 21 April 2003 - 12:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--andrewlamb098@21 April 2003 - 18:08

I can play pretty much everything i hear.
    Except most Dream Theater songs.. but hey, Petrucci is the best so no shame in that&#33; [/b][/quote]
    i would say i am in the same league as Rocktron
    ... and btw, i think every guitarist learns Smoke on the Water when they first start -- why is that?

@Rocktron, u must&#39;ve named urself after ur equipment - Gainiac, perhaps?

4. Music   -   #4
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by Icebound@22 April 2003 - 05:53

... and btw, i think every guitarist learns Smoke on the Water when they first start -- why is that?
    This is no law or rule or anything, but i think it is the "flat fifth" that does it. Atleast it shakes me.
    In Smoke on the water its really obvious (Db), or in Enter Sandman (Bb).
    For me that does the trick in music, its in everywhere, in blues its "THE note added in pentatonics",
    in movie music its the lydian scale, or in some of dr.Steve Vai&#39;s songs, or in vocals where some one just bends the note "that" way...
    ...nah, there some parts of magik too.

Songs i can play? Been playing way over 20 years now, learned quite a few songs, and made some too.
    I believe you can master just about anything, its only a matter of devotion.
    Put your mind into it, and you WILL learn to play, its just the "slow progress" sometimes that pisses me off

Kippis:
    -GS-
    Spoiler: Show

5. Music   -   #5
    metallica - master of puppets, one, unfogiven, nothing else matters
    iron maiden - phantom of the opera, trooper, man on the edge

erm.. thats what i play mostly but i could spend all day thinking of songs i can play - only i don have all day to do that

-kass

6. Music   -   #6
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Icebound@22 April 2003 - 05:53

@Rocktron, u must&#39;ve named urself after ur equipment - Gainiac, perhaps?
    Hhehehe That&#39;s right Icebound&#33; (great observation)

My first pre-amp was a Rocktron MaXe.. still love that thing but i only use Marshall now. The sound is a bit raw (with the high notes) but that gives just the sound i need&#33; My Fender US Strat sounds like a good woman&#33;

7. Music   -   #7
    BANNED
    Ill try to play anything thats thrown at me basiclly JAZZ stuff is pain killer chords I mostly play rock classic rock metal

first song i ever lernd was House of the rising sun
    Hotel California
    Stairway To Heaven
    Plush
    anything by ACDC

8. Music   -   #8
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    My new marshall amp is getting here tommorow

I play my own stuf mostly, play about with the pentatonics, influences are Slash, Izzy, and anything with a good riff

I could stay here for ages listing songs, but i wont