Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: can piracy make me stupid?

  1. #1
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the suburbs. honestment
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,102
    i know like 3000 songs off by heart. there can't be much space left in my head for other stuff

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,804
    Yes

    Listen to the pirate song and see what awaits.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum


  3. Lounge   -   #3
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    I'm an Even Steven with a
    Posts
    10,491
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    i know like 3000 songs off by heart. there can't be much space left in my head for other stuff
    Maybe time for a format

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    It has been demonstrated, so the cliche goes, that a typical human being only uses 10% of his or her brain.

    Just keep trying to remember more stuff, there's loads of space left
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    It has been demonstrated, so the cliche goes, that a typical human being only uses 10% of his or her brain.
    nob off Rodney.

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    i know like 3000 songs off by heart. there can't be much space left in my head for other stuff
    I can re-boot your head if you want.

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    on something.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    22,677
    I'd say the human body had got lots of redundancies when it comes to the neural bits. The brain can compensate for all kinds of damage and defiencies.

    Genetically we're supposed to be able to become about 120 years old. And as far as I know, the brain should, at least in theory, be able to function that far.

    Our storage capacity should be huge.

    And look at those idiot savants who can remember everything. There are people who can remember every detail in everything they see, throughout their lives. Granted, they can't function normally, but that's not 'cos their brains are too packed, but 'cos they've got no filters for what impressions are important and what impressions aren't.

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    I'd say the human body had got lots of redundancies when it comes to the neural bits. The brain can compensate for all kinds of damage and defiencies.

    Genetically we're supposed to be able to become about 120 years old. And as far as I know, the brain should, at least in theory, be able to function that far.

    Our storage capacity should be huge.

    And look at those idiot savants who can remember everything. There are people who can remember every detail in everything they see, throughout their lives. Granted, they can't function normally, but that's not 'cos their brains are too packed, but 'cos they've got no filters for what impressions are important and what impressions aren't.
    Idiots savant, Shirley.

    manker is a grammar savant.

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the suburbs. honestment
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,102
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    I'd say the human body had got lots of redundancies when it comes to the neural bits. The brain can compensate for all kinds of damage and defiencies.

    Genetically we're supposed to be able to become about 120 years old. And as far as I know, the brain should, at least in theory, be able to function that far.

    Our storage capacity should be huge.

    And look at those idiot savants who can remember everything. There are people who can remember every detail in everything they see, throughout their lives. Granted, they can't function normally, but that's not 'cos their brains are too packed, but 'cos they've got no filters for what impressions are important and what impressions aren't.
    that's because they got someone to put a bigger hard-drive in when they were chipped

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    on something.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    22,677
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    I'd say the human body had got lots of redundancies when it comes to the neural bits. The brain can compensate for all kinds of damage and defiencies.

    Genetically we're supposed to be able to become about 120 years old. And as far as I know, the brain should, at least in theory, be able to function that far.

    Our storage capacity should be huge.

    And look at those idiot savants who can remember everything. There are people who can remember every detail in everything they see, throughout their lives. Granted, they can't function normally, but that's not 'cos their brains are too packed, but 'cos they've got no filters for what impressions are important and what impressions aren't.
    Idiots savant, Shirley.
    Maybe just savants work

    Not sure what the idiots are there for

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •