Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winamp Vs Wmp

Ex-member
    You're too fussy  , I like all the music I download, so I just load a full directory (about 500 songs) and let it plat randomly.
    I do that sometimes, but it's weird... Nickelback to Great Big Sea to Eddie Izzard to Aretha Franklin to Solas to Del Amitri... it's just a bit weird to have all those different styles mixed up.

Sometimes I'm in the mood for some rock, so I slap it on.
    If I feel like a laugh, I rack up an Eddie Izzard album.
    If I'm feeling down I slap on some Great Big Sea to cheer myself up (Consequence Free is the best song for cheering yourself up).
    etc.

Good playlist management is the key to enjoying your music and getting the most out of it - it's more than just background noise.

2. Music   -   #12
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    my vote goes for winamp, alot quicker than wmp. and like its video function better on version 2.9, as i watch vids on my laptop on my tv, and my tv is widescreen and so are most movies. and if i tell winamp my screen is 16:9 i get them full screen, unlike before, i got black lines top and bottom.

3. Music   -   #13
    I have about 10 gig of music
    And about the same on cd...
    Winamp is not cpu hungry and does the job.

Simply the best

4. Music   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@21 April 2003 - 19:23
    You're too fussy , I like all the music I download, so I just load a full directory (about 500 songs) and let it plat randomly.
    I do that sometimes, but it's weird... Nickelback to Great Big Sea to Eddie Izzard to Aretha Franklin to Solas to Del Amitri... it's just a bit weird to have all those different styles mixed up.

Sometimes I'm in the mood for some rock, so I slap it on.
    If I feel like a laugh, I rack up an Eddie Izzard album.
    If I'm feeling down I slap on some Great Big Sea to cheer myself up (Consequence Free is the best song for cheering yourself up).
    etc.

Good playlist management is the key to enjoying your music and getting the most out of it - it's more than just background noise.
    Music is never just background noise, I love all the songs I have spent time downloading.

I think of it as one hell of a big car cd multichanger.

If I want a laugh then I load up Billy Connolly mp3's, if I want music then I load everything else.

It's all a question of preference.

5. Music   -   #15
    Ex-member
    That's a point... WMP sucks for videos. I don't watch movies much but when I do, I use Light Alloy, which is a good freeware player.

@mrcall, I see what you're saying but I think it's too wierd to mix certain types of music with others.

I love both Nickelback (Hard rock) and Solas (Irish/Scottish folkish band) but they don't go well together!
    I find I enjoy music much better if it's well matched.

Each to his own, I guess...

6. Music   -   #16
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Lamsey, the freeware GOD.

7. Music   -   #17
    Originally posted by Livy@21 April 2003 - 19:33
    Lamsey, the freeware GOD.
    lolol
    Well I wont knock freebies !!!
    I wont pay for any software !!

8. Music   -   #18
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    neither would i, never paid for software in my life. bought a few games though.

9. Music   -   #19
    Ex-member
    I wont pay for any software !!
    Me neither...

I just like to make it legal as much as possible.

OpenOffice.org is just as good as Microsoft Office and it's free. The only problem is that it's not perfectly compatible with MSOffice documents. But do people use it? No, because the marketing gods at Microsoft conquer all.

bought a few games though.
    Me too as well - if I like a game I buy it. Hence I own Age of Empires II, Thief II, Freespace II, etc.
    Damn, I seem to like sequels

10. Music   -   #20
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    yeah, im using openoffice.org, noticed it on your site, when i first signed up, gave it a try, and still using it.

edit: openoffice.org is now version 1.0.3 or whatever, its 3 at the end anywya, and you stil got ver, 2 on your site, just letting you know.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast