Thread: doh media player wont play it

have just d/l'ed season 1 of lost and they all say there media player files and have the icon and everything on them

but ........

when i go to play i get a message saying "windows media player cannot play the file.the player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress this file"

anyone know what i have to do ?

thankyou

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Donwload the codec pack developed by an admin of this board and install it.

Details in this thread.

Once you've done that, I'm sure that you'll be able to watch it :)
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    when i click the link it opens window but says done with errors on page and there nothing there

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    justtried again and got it

thanx m8

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    just d/l ed to mega codec pack ..and installed ...it asked upon instalation if i would like to get rid of k-lite codec pack and real time etc pressed yes ....installed the icon 123 and went into the files ...they are all 123 files now ...when i click them to play i get a box come up wich says haalie media splitter on the blue head bar and the message in the box is invalid first bite of EBML ID: 00 ?????

what now lol ?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    What the feck!?

I think maybe something has happened with your file association preferences but I really can't tell from what you've written. If the codec pack installed correctly, the files will play in media player.

Open WMP and drag and drop a file into its screen. See if it works.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    nope all i get now is the first message again

"windows media player cannot play the file ........"

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Ok, I think there are some codec conflicts on your system. It didn't seem like you'd have the k-lite codec pack on there but maybe ya did.

You need to uninstall all elements of the codec packs you've got installed at the moment, and then reinstall the K-lite mega codec pack.

Go to your control panal > add remove programs > uninstall any and all entries for k-lite codec and mega codec pack.

After that's done, clean your registry with something like CCleaner and reinstall the codec pack, using the default settings it offers.

Hopefully, that should sort it out.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2