Thread: Looking For Old Games

i got a p4 1.3ghz, gforce2 so new games these days really kill the machine laggy as hell. anyone got some good sorta old but not TOO old games that runs smoothly or even fast on my busted up machine? Perferablely its some long story-based games to keep me awake this spring break
    thxs

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    Play some Final Fantasy. FFVII, FVIII, FFIX!
    Play some Counter-Strike. .
    OR just download a GBA emulator, download POkemon Sapphire/Ruby ROM of kazaa.

P1.3ghz is not screwd. My friend's enjoying WC3 on his 800mghz and geforce 2 MMX PC.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Nox for the PC is pretty cool. It's like Diablo but basically not as gory.

4. Games   -   #4
    I know they are probably a bit old but you could go for the graphical adventures like :

Grim Fandango
    Discworld Noir
    Monkey island series
    etc.

All these have low system specs and are pretty good to while away the time.

5. Games   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    You shouldn't have trouble playing many new games on that system yet. Mine is ony a P3 550Mhz with a 32MB TNT2 video card, and so far the only game I've found that doesn't work is Battlefield 1942. I usually run 3D games at 800 x 600, but sometimes I can go as high as 1024 x 768 if I lower some of the other graphics settings. If you like action/shooters, I'd recommend GTA3, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Max Payne. If you want to play a long and involved adventure or role-playing Game, try Baldur's Gate 2 or Syberia. Or if you want a little of both, look for System Shock 2 or Deus Ex. Unfortunately some of these games are nearly impossible to find on Kazaa, so you might want to try eMule.

Good Luck! B)