Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Cough Cough hear that??

  1. #1
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Australia N.S.W
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,790
    its the sound of manning and the colts chocking yet again in January


    I wont say I told you so
    Last edited by Adster; 01-16-2006 at 09:14 AM.

  2. Sports Club   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    Ad, you said yesterday it was gonna be the Colts' year :blink:


    Tho' to be fair you also said that it could be the Panthers' year and maybe Seattle. Then you said it could also be the Steelers or perhaps Denver.


    I reckon you've got a point - I'm with you, it's gonna be one of those four!!!11
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    on something.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    22,677
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Ad, you said yesterday it was gonna be the Colts' year


    Tho' to be fair you also said that it could be the Panthers' year and maybe Seattle. Then you said it could also be the Steelers or perhaps Denver.


    I reckon you've got a point - I'm with you, it's gonna be one of those four!!!11
    Maybe four of those statements were sarky, and it's up to us to find out which one he actually wasn't sarky about.


    Like a game.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-16-2006 at 04:15 PM.

  4. Sports Club   -   #4
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,626
    The Colts screwed up when they started to shut it down at the end of the regular season. Their offense is all about rhythm and timing and for them to shut it down and not play for a month killed them. They thought that as soon as game time rolled around they could just switch it on and they’d be back to normal and they were wrong.

    They looked very rusty in the first half; where as the Steelers who had to play for their playoff lives every week looked very sharp. Big Ben came out of the gate smokin’ hot hitting receivers all over the place and Peyton couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.

    I like Pittsburgh to beat Denver next week and Seattle to beat Carolina, even though Jake Delhomme is a hometown boy he annoys the crap out of me.

  5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    The Colts screwed up when they started to shut it down at the end of the regular season. Their offense is all about rhythm and timing and for them to shut it down and not play for a month killed them. They thought that as soon as game time rolled around they could just switch it on and they’d be back to normal and they were wrong.

    They looked very rusty in the first half; where as the Steelers who had to play for their playoff lives every week looked very sharp. Big Ben came out of the gate smokin’ hot hitting receivers all over the place and Peyton couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.

    I like Pittsburgh to beat Denver next week and Seattle to beat Carolina, even though Jake Delhomme is a hometown boy he annoys the crap out of me.
    I have to agree. He's an annoying little shit like Chris Simms.

    I don't know what you mean by "they started to shut it down" though. You act as if they weren't trying to win games 14 & 15. They legitimatley lost those games. They weren't throw aways like Seattle's last.
    I think it was simply the bye that hurt them.

    Some teams benefit from the rest. Some don't

    Seattle really showed up after the Redskins literally knocked out their best scorer.

    Anyone remember we almost had a Pennsylvania Superbowl and both teams lost their conference championships?
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-16-2006 at 06:54 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  6. Sports Club   -   #6
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I don't know what you mean by "they started to shut it down" though. You act as if they weren't trying to win games 14 & 15. They legitimatley lost those games. They weren't throw aways like Seattle's last.
    I think it was simply the bye that hurt them.
    They pulled guys on the O and D line for the San Diego game, they pulled their starters in the Seattle game and most of the starters didnít play in the finale against Arizona, which they barely won.

    They donít have an offense where guys can sit out and not play a meaningful game in a month then come back and play in mid season form. That was very obvious yesterday when Manning and his revivers were on a different page for a good part of the game. You could see the frustration when he would miss badly with a throw when he thought the receiver was going one way and went another.

    BTW I told you that the Redskins would never make the Super bowl with Brunell at QB.

  7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I don't know what you mean by "they started to shut it down" though. You act as if they weren't trying to win games 14 & 15. They legitimatley lost those games. They weren't throw aways like Seattle's last.
    I think it was simply the bye that hurt them.
    They pulled guys on the O and D line for the San Diego game, they pulled their starters in the Seattle game and most of the starters didnít play in the finale against Arizona, which they barely won.

    They donít have an offense where guys can sit out and not play a meaningful game in a month then come back and play in mid season form. That was very obvious yesterday when Manning and his revivers were on a different page for a good part of the game. You could see the frustration when he would miss badly with a throw when he thought the receiver was going one way and went another.

    BTW I told you that the Redskins would never make the Super bowl with Brunell at QB.
    Like that's some revelation!!

    Brunell was obviously hurt. Since he went out with that injury, I knew he wouldn't be up to stuff too. This ain't the same Brunell that ran for 19 yards on 3rd and long during the regular season.

    Your statement wasn't a stretch.

    Keep in mind we still went won 6 in a row before losing to the Hawks in which we had a near shutdown like the 1st Giants meeting.
    I'm satisfied.

    I do stand corrected though about the Colts.

    They did throw those games away. I don't know why then they were so sad when they didn't go undefeated.

    Dumbasses.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  8. Sports Club   -   #8
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,694
    My Redskins did great. First they beat dallas twice. Second they beat dallas twice. Third they beat dallas twice. Did I mention they beat dallas twice. They went the farthest of any from the NFC East. And in Seattle Portis was hurt, their offensive line as well. Btw imo the Panthers will beat Seattle. If it's close it'll be because of Seattle's crowd.

  9. Sports Club   -   #9
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,694
    Oh yeah the original thread. I think the Manning's might be jinxed. Archie Manning (dad) N.O. Saints QB no playoff appearances. Payton 3 wins - 7 loses. Eli 1 lose. Total for Mannings 3/11 or 27% winning percentage in playoffs.

  10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    My Redskins did great. First they beat dallas twice. Second they beat dallas twice. Third they beat dallas twice. Did I mention they beat dallas twice. They went the farthest of any from the NFC East. And in Seattle Portis was hurt, their offensive line as well. Btw imo the Panthers will beat Seattle. If it's close it'll be because of Seattle's crowd.
    1. Redskins beat Dallas in their 1st meeting this year. Trailing 13 - 0 in the 4th quarter, they score 2 TDs with 4 min left in the game. 2 identical play long bombs to Santana Moss. Redskins win 14 - 13.

    2. Including Dallas, Redskins win their 1st 3 three games. Wins include playoff teams Chicago and Seattle.

    3. Redskins beat Dallas a second time crushing them 35 - 7.

    4. After losing horribly to the New York Giants, the Redskins kick back with a 35 - 20 defeat of the Giants to increase to a 4 game win streak.

    5. Redskins clinch a playoff berth by rattling off 6 wins in a row which after their loss to the Chargers, coach Gibbs told them was a must.

    6. In the Redskin's first playoff appearance in 6 years, they beat the #1 defense of Tampa Bay with very little offense of their own.

    I'd say I'm satisfied. Not many folks on here can claim their hometown team did well this year.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-16-2006 at 10:45 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •