Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printers?

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Goto this website http://www.supermediastore.com/inktoner.html
    Find the cheapest generic cartridge (my canon IP3000 ink cost $2.00 per color)
    Then buy the printer based on the cartridge cost.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    I wouldn't have another printer based on HP technology simply because of the price of their carts.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    I went backwards after my Lexmark crapped out. I researched the cheapest replacement cartridges for a new printer. I settled on a Epson C62. Replacement cartridges are $4.50 apiece. So 1 tri color & 1 black total $9. I suggest you search backwards also. Cause it's quite easy to get a new printer for $50-$60. And the replacement cartridges will total $70. Btw quite happy with my Epson.
    That's what i'm tryin to explain to my dad.
    We can get a whole new, better printer for 120-150, where the cartridges willl cost about $10, but he would rather spend $40x2 for new cartridges on our current printer every few months.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Look around rossco. If you don't want too high end of a printer, they can be had for less than $80. Maybe then your dad would go for it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sushi
    Goto this website http://www.supermediastore.com/inktoner.html
    Find the cheapest generic cartridge (my canon IP3000 ink cost $2.00 per color)
    Then buy the printer based on the cartridge cost.
    I took your advice on that site, I even ended up buying a printer from them.

Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet

It's got pretty cheap ink, and I can get 18 carts on ebay for $25, plus after doing some research into the R220 I found that there is a constant fill ink system they have on ebay that uses special carts that all I have to do is refill the ink bottles that are mounted on the side, and $25 for 6x85mL ink refills on eBay. Sounds sweet!
    Last edited by Damnatory; 01-17-2006 at 07:52 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Nice looking printer. Specs & rating I mean. Keep us posted how you like it. Congrats.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I had a cheap lexmark and didnt use it for about a month and the ink dried up for like the third time so I got pissed off and threw it in the garbage where it belongs. Just picked up the Epson Stylus CX4200 all in one yesterday and so far this thing is great It was $129.99 and theres a $30 mail in rebate so $99.99 final price which is pretty good imo.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    I had a cheap lexmark and didnt use it for about a month and the ink dried up for like the third time so I got pissed off and threw it in the garbage where it belongs. Just picked up the Epson Stylus CX4200 all in one yesterday and so far this thing is great It was $129.99 and theres a $30 mail in rebate so $99.99 final price which is pretty good imo.
    Yeah, I did the same with my Lexmark X75 All in One... Decided that the scanner was not worth keeping the damn thing for, so I pitched down the driveway... However, cleaning up all the little plastic pieces made me regret my tossing it...

On a brighter note, I got my new Epson Stylus Photo R220 finally. It's amazing in comparison to the lexmark. Better print quality on regular paper then the lexmark had on photo paper.
    I'll definately not buy another Lexmark printer. Epson has won my heart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12