Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Surface

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Just watched the episode, quite good, had a nice ending. Can't wait till next week, although i have no idea whats coming as my release didn't inlcude the 'next week on surface' thing.
    From what I remember of the preview.
    They show Rich with blood on his hands.
    Miles gets in a fight at school with a bully, does a Nim on him, thinks he killed the kid and the police want to arrest him.
    I hope they dont cancel the show now that its getting exciting!
    Can we post now without the spoiler tags? lol
    ...and there's Davis Lee.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.ht...4&ref_type=101

"Surface," the E.T.-meets-Jaws drama that's part of the aliens-among-us trend on TV this fall, has earned a full-season order from NBC.

The series, about mysterious undersea creatures and their impact on a disparate group of people -- and, probably before it's all said and done, the world -- earned its pickup on the back of decent (though not spectacular ratings) that are inching up week by week. The show draws about 10 million viewers per episode.

"[Creators Josh and Jonas Pate] are pulling off a mini-movie each week with a big concept and big production values," NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly says. "We're excited to see the audience continue to build."

In announcing the pickup, NBC says only that it's ordered "additional episodes" of the series. Just how many the network plans to air hasn't been determined yet, owing in part to pre-emptions that will take place early next year for the Winter Olympics.

"Surface," which stars Lake Bell ("Boston Legal") and Jay R. Ferguson ("Judging Amy"), has drawn a 3.3 rating among the adults 18-49 demographic NBC uses to measure success. That's been good for second in its Monday timeslot (excluding sports), slightly behind CBS comedies "The King of Queens" and "How I Met Your Mother." Its ratings, both overall and among adults 18-49, have improved in each of the past two weeks after dipping in the first episode after the series premiere.

"Surface" is the second new show, after "My Name Is Earl," that NBC has picked up for a full season. It's also the first of the season's three alien shows (ABC's "Invasion" and CBS' "Threshold" are the others) to earn a pickup.
    There we go, after the next two episodes there will be a short break, maybe 2 months max for them to film the next shows and they will finish the season. They did it with Lost as there was a big game in the middle of season 1.

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Just watched it, great ep, really hope they do another series.

Hadn't seen your post Peerzy, fantastic news!
    Last edited by dodgy368; 01-24-2006 at 10:52 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5

"Surface," the E.T.-meets-Jaws drama that's part of the aliens-among-us trend on TV this fall, has earned a full-season order from NBC.

The series, about mysterious undersea creatures and their impact on a disparate group of people -- and, probably before it's all said and done, the world -- earned its pickup on the back of decent (though not spectacular ratings) that are inching up week by week. The show draws about 10 million viewers per episode.

"[Creators Josh and Jonas Pate] are pulling off a mini-movie each week with a big concept and big production values," NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly says. "We're excited to see the audience continue to build."

In announcing the pickup, NBC says only that it's ordered "additional episodes" of the series. Just how many the network plans to air hasn't been determined yet, owing in part to pre-emptions that will take place early next year for the Winter Olympics.

"Surface," which stars Lake Bell ("Boston Legal") and Jay R. Ferguson ("Judging Amy"), has drawn a 3.3 rating among the adults 18-49 demographic NBC uses to measure success. That's been good for second in its Monday timeslot (excluding sports), slightly behind CBS comedies "The King of Queens" and "How I Met Your Mother." Its ratings, both overall and among adults 18-49, have improved in each of the past two weeks after dipping in the first episode after the series premiere.

"Surface" is the second new show, after "My Name Is Earl," that NBC has picked up for a full season. It's also the first of the season's three alien shows (ABC's "Invasion" and CBS' "Threshold" are the others) to earn a pickup.
    There we go, after the next two episodes there will be a short break, maybe 2 months max for them to film the next shows and they will finish the season. They did it with Lost as there was a big game in the middle of season 1.
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!! Thank You Peerzy

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!! Thank You Peerzy
    Excellent news!

The best example of this is Prison Break. 9 more eps starting March 20.

I wish they said how many more episodes will be made of Surface. I guess we'll find out in Marchish.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    ok can we now talk about lastnight episode without the spolier tags? lol
    I wanna talk about...
    Spoiler: Show

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    I've seen the episode HC so unless anyone hasn't should be alright.

Not sure about the monkey girl, when i first saw something crying like a little girl i thought it was going to be some kinda 'The Ring' creepy girl with no eyes or something.

I think the flower they found maybe was what 'The Firm' first made before they made Nim's and it somehow can contain age. Thats why the bald guy was searching for it so bad after they nicked it. He has it back now remember so it must mean/do something to him.

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    I've seen the episode HC so unless anyone hasn't should be alright.

Not sure about the monkey girl, when i first saw something crying like a little girl i thought it was going to be some kinda 'The Ring' creepy girl with no eyes or something.

I think the flower they found maybe was what 'The Firm' first made before they made Nim's and it somehow can contain age. Thats why the bald guy was searching for it so bad after they nicked it. He has it back now remember so it must mean/do something to him.
    The monkey girl didnt make much sense, unless she was the first human clone gone bad. and whats with them leaving the lab deserted with her in it and alive? hmmm, wouldnt they be afraid she would get lose and expose them.

Maybe the bald guy has to use some kind of drug the plant makes to keep him young, I did notice that his gf was deaf, I wonder if that plays a role.

I'm thinking they didnt create the Nimmies but cloned them from extinct creatures. Thinking they could control, perhaps for warfare and it went bad for them.

9. Movies & TV   -   #49
    surface was great in the begininng not so much now

10. Movies & TV   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by despikable
    surface was great in the begininng not so much now
    It's just the opposite.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast