Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3Dmark06 released tomorrow!

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails
    cheese; how much difference did ur cpu make in other benchmarks? much? but using the same videocard so u know it was cpu, u know?
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You want me to do other benchmark tests with the 1800XT and a different CPU?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails
    cheese; how much difference did ur cpu make in other benchmarks? much? but using the same videocard so u know it was cpu, u know?
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You want me to do other benchmark tests with the 1800XT and a different CPU?
    what was ur last rig? i'm asking if maybe u used the same video card, but a different cpu. i just wanted to know if a x2 does much more for benches. as of now no games use x2's power 'cept hl2 and fear. and even then i hear there are probs...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I see what you mean now. I did a compare on the 3DMark06 site with a single core running at the same speed and the difference seems to be about 400-500 points.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    ok, cool. lol, not sure if i worded what i was wanting to know properly or not. but u answered my question. yeah, so (at least not in benches) the x2 doesn't do to much more for you. it's all that video card of urs. nice ram in ur current rig. 2gb + 512mb vid. games sure do play nicely...?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, I haven't been overly impressed wih the cpu. My last one was an AMD 64 3400+ and it doesn't seem like that much of a step up. The main reason I've splashed out on the graphics card is for when Elder Scrolls 4 comes out, I want to play that game at full settings.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Yeah, I haven't been overly impressed wih the cpu. My last one was an AMD 64 3400+ and it doesn't seem like that much of a step up. The main reason I've splashed out on the graphics card is for when Elder Scrolls 4 comes out, I want to play that game at full settings.
    You'll only start noticing the difference when people start writing multi-threaded software. Otherwise you are only using one core most of the time, so you are effectively running an expensive 3500+.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123