Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Pc crashing for no reason??? plz help!!

  1. #1
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    - = C.a.N.a.D.A = -
    Age
    30
    Posts
    961
    Hi,
    I dunno what's going on with my PC, but its crashing 2-3 times a day. The computer just freezes and it makes a weird sound and I have to restart the computer by turning its power supply off.

    I have noticed that this mainly happens when I m either: watching a movie or listing to music or downloading from newsleecher.

    Its really getting annoying now and I dunno what's causing this.

    Can someone please help me?

    I'm running Winxp Pro.

    "I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West Londinium
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807
    Hi,
    I dunno what's going on with my PC, but its crashing 2-3 times a day. The computer just freezes and it makes a weird sound and I have to restart the computer by turning its power supply off.

    I have noticed that this mainly happens when I m either: watching a movie or listing to music or downloading from newsleecher.

    Its really getting annoying now and I dunno what's causing this.

    Can someone please help me?

    I'm running Winxp Pro.
    Sounds like it may be overheating, try cleaning out the fan.

    ps, put your system specs on here please.

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    - = C.a.N.a.D.A = -
    Age
    30
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgy368
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807
    Hi,
    I dunno what's going on with my PC, but its crashing 2-3 times a day. The computer just freezes and it makes a weird sound and I have to restart the computer by turning its power supply off.

    I have noticed that this mainly happens when I m either: watching a movie or listing to music or downloading from newsleecher.

    Its really getting annoying now and I dunno what's causing this.

    Can someone please help me?

    I'm running Winxp Pro.
    Sounds like it may be overheating, try cleaning out the fan.

    ps, put your system specs on here please.
    Hi, I doubt it that its overheating. I cleaned fan with Air Duster about a month ago.
    BTW here are the computer specs, let me know if you need more info:
    Intel Pentium
    2.60 GHz
    760MB RAM
    Winxp Pro SP2

    Also if it would have been overheating, wouldn't the computer would just shut itself off? In my case the computer freezes and makes a weird sound and I manually have to shut it down by disconnecting the power source.
    Last edited by sameer0807; 01-18-2006 at 12:37 PM.

    "I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    19,631
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807
    Hi, I doubt it that its overheating. I cleaned fan with Air Duster about a month ago.
    BTW here are the computer specs, let me know if you need more info:
    Intel Pentium
    2.60 GHz
    760MB RAM
    Winxp Pro SP2

    Also if it would have been overheating, wouldn't the computer would just shut itself off? In my case the computer freezes and makes a weird sound and I manually have to shut it down by disconnecting the power source.
    Intermittent freezes are quite often caused by overheating. However, another possible cause could be dodgy RAM.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    2,167
    try speedfan and check the temps to see if it's not overheating. http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

    Also, check out event viewer and see if there's anything in there that could help you narrow down the problem. Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,694
    My guess PSU is dying or on it's way What kind PSU, MB, RAM etc.?

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Some say: Windows reinstalled, runs faster than all?!

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I;d run something that checks your ram and something that checks your hard drive (both for general errors and also something that will check your Master Boot REcord (MBR)).

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,295
    Whoa, there's a program to check your hard drive for hardware defects?!

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash
    try speedfan and check the temps to see if it's not overheating. http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
    Thank you Backlash!!!!
    I have been having overheating problems just like this other guy said... What a great little app!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •