Thread: dvd using nero

snowultra's Avatar Member
    hi everyone, im new here. im trying to burn avi files that will work in my dvd player on my t.v.. these are my first dvd's that i ever burned ----so i called nero and they said that memorex dvd's were the problem. do memorex dvd's burn inconsistant?? if so what dvd's do you recomend??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I like Infiniti DVDr+ but Memorex are a decent firm, not heard of any incompatibilities with Nero.

Your problem may lie with the encoding from .avi to .vob that Nero does - it's crap.

Use one of the following programs to convert your .avi file to .vob format, then Nero can burn to DVDr.

WinAVI - easiest and my favourite.

AVI to Video - not used it but heard it recommended.

TMPGenc - Best but a little more complicated.

If you're not sure of some of the steps, have a look at some of the guides that the members here have created. Should help you out a lot and will save me typing stuff
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    snowultra's Avatar Member
    thank you that was what i looking for --------im really not sure this whole dvd thing works.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by snowultra
    thank you that was what i looking for --------im really not sure this whole dvd thing works.
    No, rly. It does.

You're welcome, btw. Hope it works out for you from here.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.