Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win98, And Win98se

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I wanna install Windows 98 again, but am considering Windows 98 Second Edition. But what are the differences? It seems like the same thing....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    I agree with balaam. i have experimented with win2000, winME, winXP & am back to using win98se. I have actually threw my winXP disk in the bin so there's no more temptation, it's a complete pile of shit.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Grim@19 April 2003 - 07:35
    I agree with balaam. i have experimented with win2000, winME, winXP & am back to using win98se. I have actually threw my winXP disk in the bin so there's no more temptation, it's a complete pile of shit.
    What didn't you like about XP? I posted a question about this not long ago, and everyone who replied said they liked it. I'm still trying to decide if I should upgrade from 98 (original).

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Grim@19 April 2003 - 13:35
    I have actually threw my winXP disk in the bin so there's no more temptation, it's a complete pile of shit.
    Couldn't agree with you more.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    imported_The__One
    I used Win 95 and Win 98/98se extensivley, and I can assure you that win 98se is mutch more stable and reliable then 98 (now that dosen't mean that it's good ), however I'm now using windows XP, after a traumatic experience with ME, and a quick look at 2K...and I find it to be the most stable of them all, just take the baby look away, and U've got a pretty rugged OS (not as god as LINUX tho).

So, about the original question: there are more diffrences between 98 and 98se, then there are between 95 and 98. Definitly go for 98se, specially since the price is practicly the same(if U'r planning on buying it, that is ). U can get specific details about what's diffrent at microsoft's site.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I think that ME is horrible. From my experiences, after running the computer for a while having a few programs on and off, the system resources drop very low and when you click on something (like the start menu for instance) it will take like 5 seconds b4 it will pop up. I reforematted and had XP, since my computer is screwed up AgAiN, I uninstalled XP so I can reforemat again ME is still doing the same thing.....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    But this site reviewed Win98SE and says it's practically the same thing.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Originally posted by Grim@19 April 2003 - 06:35
    XP is way better what are you on.
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    i`ve never had a problem with ME at all, no sticking or slowing down etc, i know people who wouldn`t touch it with a barge pole, but i`ve never had a hitch.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    This post was about 98SE vs 98 not XP. Some like it some don't regardless.

Go with 98 Second Edition, it is Windows 98 revamped. I don't know the specifics but go with 98SE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast