Thread: my friends computer overclocked standard fan cooling 28C on 6 hrs

this is my friends computer, i'll see if i can get more pics off hime later of his desktop, but he left his computer on 6 hrs and its over clocked, \/ temp 28C, thats just insane, i didnt believe him at first because hes just using fans.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    I assume it's an Athlon64.

Mines overclocked too, (2.2GHz instead of 2GHz) and running at 100% load it hits (wait, I'll just check) ... 36C. If I let it run at idle the temp drops in seconds to ... 28C and after a couple of minutes to (just talk among yourselves) ... 25C. My fan speeds are 3132 (cpu) and 2650 (system).

At 40C the PWM temp is higher than the CPU temp, but that cools off too when you remove the load, only not as quickly since it isn't actively cooled.

The temps and voltages shown by everest aren't all that accurate, but your friends system sounds about right to me.
    Last edited by lynx; 01-21-2006 at 04:28 PM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Yah, the a64s are VERY cool compared to the p4s.

I also have mine OCed to 2.5ghz from 2.0ghz, and it's at 39 C full load and 31C idle.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    actually that is full load, his computer is always being used to convert videos, so its an amazing temp, yes he has an athlon venice 3000+

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    then its nothing special

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    suprafreak6 is right, it is nothing special.

The temps of the Athlon 64s change so quickly with load that unless you are running software which is constantly making it run at full performance it won't use much power, so you won't see higher temps.

If you want to see high temps, get an intel.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    it is running constantly, lol he was running some video software while he took this pic, its stable at 28C under high load, some video converting software i dunno exactly what it is