Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 56k Users

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Originally posted by Jibbler+24 April 2003 - 03:54--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 24 April 2003 - 03:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--REALITY@23 April 2003 - 02:21
    Ok, then by definition you are on top of the food chain (he he).
    Well, sorta...[/b][/quote]
    First I also carry rare files at times, that need to distributed, especially on Kazaa.
    Second, yes KaZaa is at the bottom generally.
    Third, you have provided me with information that I am currently aware of and way to much of it while patting yourself.
    I only suggested, if you read my post
    Though this is not realistic nor believable to me, sorry to say. I also carry rare files at times as well and may unshare others to create priority, but in being realistic I know 56kers (being the majority) will jump in my slots while I am taking a shit or... As to such, I allow more slots to compinsate for this (usually 5) so that bb users will also be present in my upload. If I were to watch just 2 bb users or 3 56kers and 2 bb users, the bb users are getting the same speeds either way (the bw is not so limited) and I do not have monitor this as the averages of users blend into the slots
    that you may simply add more slots to your ul as I do, and the 56kers that ul from you will not change your bandwidth much (if at all) going to us bb users, thus curing your griping aggravation with 56kers.
    Last, you have managed to evade the whole purpose of my post and if all you say is true, then why the need to post comments
    I&#39;m not tying up both of my send slots for an hour or more, just so that you can get one fucking mp3. If you are 56k, you need to download 1 file at a time, otherwise you are wasting my upload bandwidth.
    that could only offend others (56kers).
    You do seem however seem mighty proud of yourself, thus finding an avenue for it here in p2p land. I do not imagine, though possible, you are one of the team at TMD (or the like, quite bold) making shitty cam movies that bring a spotlight on us all here in p2p land as I stated my opinions as well HERE.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by REALITY@24 April 2003 - 02:24
    You do seem however seem mighty proud of yourself, thus finding an avenue for it here in p2p land. I do not imagine, though possible, you are one of the team at TMD (or the like, quite bold) making shitty cam movies that bring a spotlight on us all here in p2p land
    I didn&#39;t realize how arrogant I sounded until I re-read my post. My intention wasn&#39;t to brag. I was just trying offer some insight on how movie and music "releases" get from the ripper to you. I see it all over these boards, people begging for and requesting stuff that isn&#39;t out yet. People got spoiled by the early LOTR DVD copies that circulated. It seems that people expect these high quality warez to be available with ease, without giving thought to the process of sharing, or more importantly, spreading across the network.

While many people complain about TMD quality, I still think they provide an excellent "service" of providing small files and early copies across p2p. I&#39;m not part of the team at TMD, or any other ripping group.

There are basically 3 roles in filesharing land. The ripper, the distributors, and the sharers.

The ripper provides the goods, converts it to a file for the web, packages it usually in .TAR or .RAR files and posts it for the distributors.

The distributors take these files and try to send them out to as many users as possible. No one on 56k is on this level. These are usually users on T1 or T3 connections, though there are more and more DSL and Cable users due to the popularity of broadband. These files are being traded thru IRC, FTP and newsgroups.

Then finally, a user gets the files, and starts offering it on Kazaa. As more users pull the same file from IRC and share it in kazaa more sources become available. Of course, the users on kazaa are mostly all sharers, and that&#39;s a step in the right direction.

I&#39;m somewhere around the top of the second level. Mainly my post here was to share some insight for the people who can&#39;t seem to get their files fast enough. If more people understood the process, we&#39;d have a better community, and less "fake" files. B)
    Proud member of MDS

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Poster

hi there &#33;
    being allocated 3000mb per month by my isp, if i had a choice of users uploading from my shared folder, i would pick ten 56k guys everytime. cable users get more of my mb than i do (i&#39;m not complaining) so hang in there &#33; you won&#39;t get a kick from me.
    regards
    m8t

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Originally posted by m8t@25 April 2003 - 00:22
    being allocated 3000mb per month by my isp, if i had a choice of users uploading from my shared folder, i would pick ten 56k guys everytime. cable users get more of my mb than i do (i&#39;m not complaining) so hang in there &#33; you won&#39;t get a kick from me.
    see that, it all balances out
    Proud member of MDS

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Originally posted by Jibbler@25 April 2003 - 02:27
    I didn&#39;t realize how arrogant I sounded until I re-read my post.&nbsp; My intention wasn&#39;t to brag.&nbsp; I was just trying offer some insight on how movie and music "releases" get from the ripper to you.&nbsp; I see it all over these boards, people begging for and requesting stuff that isn&#39;t out yet.&nbsp; People got spoiled by the early LOTR DVD copies that circulated.&nbsp; It seems that people expect these high quality warez to be available with ease, without giving thought to the process of sharing, or more importantly, spreading across the network.
    Enough said, though in your posts I hadn&#39;t seen you as this reasonable. Anyway clue me in as I am taking steps you may have taken, I have read on News Goups and would like to know what programs you use (for rar, tar, joining etc...) and what I need to get rolling. I somehow see this a more Realistic loophole for us as the files are in chunks, how could this ever be stopped or be labeld as copyright infringement as they are not whole.

If so, I would write another song about "shit" and then claim I own all the notes in the song individually, and expect payment should anyone else use any of them&#33; Of course I would also own "shit" in all forms shapes and sizes, thanks to those in charge.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Poster
    [quote]Originally posted by Jibbler@24 April 2003 - 20:27
    Quote Originally Posted by REALITY,24 April 2003 - 02:24
    There are basically 3 roles in filesharing land. The ripper, the distributors, and the sharers.

The distributors take these files and try to send them out to as many users as possible. No one on 56k is on this level. These are usually users on T1 or T3 connections, though there are more and more DSL and Cable users due to the popularity of broadband. These files are being traded thru IRC, FTP and newsgroups.
    BitTorrent makes it possible for someone on a home broadband connection (DSL/Cablemodem) to act as a distributer. Only the first few uploads might be 100% done by their connection -- the rest are file-swarmed as partial file pieces and reassembled on arrival. The more popular the file, the LESS the distributer has to send to each person as lots of people would get 1 piece of the file from the distributer then quickly send it to each other.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    That&#39;s correct. Emule works on the same principle of distribution.
    Proud member of MDS

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Jibby has my vote as being about dead on...

I operate in pretty much the same way. I allow for 3 slots on my uploads, and 3 only. As i can send at 15kB/s... so thats at least 5k per person in theory... so that means, a 56ker can max out their connection, recieving from me... however... if a 56ker isnt as considerate as I am, to allow such nice speeds to them, considering my shitty uploads, why would I allow them to download at 1k/s or something, when they could be focusing on just the one file im sending to them? see what Im saying? Not that I make a habbit out of cutting peeps, rarely do i... but they want good speeds from me... and i want to send to them with good speeds too...

But I, like jibby, am more of a distributor then anything... I dont rip, as the professional groups are years ahead of me on that scene, and i get most of my stuff, from higher up the chain, ie irc, etc... ... but I do distribute to networks, fastrack, bittorrent, the mule, etc... direct connect... i try to help share this stuff asap... so at times, ya, I may share just may latest few movies, and if I am on my pc, I may cut slow 56kers off, who are at 1 or 2k... so someone can get better rates, and get the files faster...

but i spend the wee hours, hunting, and searching for you people, for files on irc, and newsgroups, just so you can have the latest releases. Not expecting anything in return, just good conversation here, and knowing that if more people do like we do, then the odds of me finding what i want become easier... thats what p2p needs right now, its more of the middle men... the top end, is good... the bottom end, too big... not enough distributors/pipelines to the end users, to spread this stuff as fast as the demand wants it.

but most of the time my klite is on, is at night, when im asleep, then its just a free for all.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@25 April 2003 - 20:11
    thats what p2p needs right now, its more of the middle men... the top end, is good... the bottom end, too big... not enough distributors/pipelines to the end users, to spread this stuff as fast as the demand wants it.
    Well said Schmiggy. With all the crackdowns in the industry, getting Advance copies and screeners is getting more difficult. Think you&#39;ll be in trouble if you get caught sharing a file? Imagine the trouble you&#39;d be in if you got caught smuggling Advance copy CDs out of the production warehouse? Think you&#39;d keep your job at the theater if they found out you were packing a camcorder in that backpack of yours? Huge risks are being taken to bring these files to you. We need less leechers, and more distributors.
    Proud member of MDS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast