Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pc to tv without svideo

I have beside me on my desk right now a (y audio cable) which one on end has a headphone jack that fits into my laptops headphone port. then on the othr end of this y audio cable, it has the white and red rca connector to go to the tv. Would this be the right cable to make the audio work?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikej3131
    I have beside me on my desk right now a (y audio cable) which one on end has a headphone jack that fits into my laptops headphone port. then on the othr end of this y audio cable, it has the white and red rca connector to go to the tv. Would this be the right cable to make the audio work?
    Yes.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    one of my friends told me that if i dont have a HDTV then i will not get good video quality, is this true? also will i use quality because i am using a vga to s video, and not a svideo to svideo?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Also what is the difference is i use the one virtualbody says which is the (vga to svideo-$15.00) compared to the one harrycary said (VGA to Component Video Adapter/Transcoder with VGA Loop Through-$125.00).

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    anybody there?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Ok i have the vga to s video cable. Now what settings do i change on my llaptop

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikej3131
    Ok i have the vga to s video cable. Now what settings do i change on my llaptop

If this setup works like when you hook a laptop up to a projector you are going to have to tell the laptop to send the video signal through the vga port and to do that I think you need to press Fn + F8. You may also need to mess around with your screen resolution once you get the image on the tv. Look at this site also

http://hecs.rutgers.edu/projector/proj_direx.htm

Edit: I also found these commands, they activate and deactivate the port.

* FN + F8
    * FN + F12
    * Ctrl + Alt + <
    * FN + D
    * Ctrl + Alt + F10

"Holding down the Fn (or FN) key (usually located at the bottom left of your keyboard) while pressing the appropriate function key (F5, F7, F8, etc., at the top of your keyboard) should cycle through several modes (display on PC screen only, on PC and projector, on projector only, etc.) of projecting what is on your screen. The appropriate function key varies from one manufacturer to another."
    Last edited by Vipergts662; 01-30-2006 at 06:19 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    hmm this seems simple enough. Im gonna try that as soon as i can find a longer VGA to S-video cable. The one that virtualbody showed me ended up only being 1 foot long so im gonna try to find and order a longer one.
    Thanks everybody

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Or you can get an extension cable and not worry about another adaptor http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Ohhh yeah, im gonna do that instead. Thanks alot viper. Ill keep you posted when i get it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast