Thread: Another Case Of Microsoft Being Difficult...

Which is the best way to uninstall IE from Windows 98? It does not appear in the 'Add/Remove Programs' windows (thanks Microsoft...) so how is it uninstalled?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    not sure if this'll work, but if you have a program like System Mechanic i think you might be able to rid your comp. of IE. ...i think.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    IMO you're asking for trouble if you uninstall IE. Lot of progs are dependent upon it. Like KL. I use Opera. But I keep IE6 around for KL, Windows update & non-Opera compliant sites.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    That's some WAY good advice now that i think about it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    hammermaff's Avatar Poster
    If you really want to disable ie you can go to add/remove programmes then click on add/remove windows components which should bring up a new screen just uncheck the components you do not require but be careful what you disable.

Maff

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by caesius@22 April 2003 - 04:06
    Which is the best way to uninstall IE from Windows 98? It does not appear in the 'Add/Remove Programs' windows (thanks Microsoft...) so how is it uninstalled?
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=511

Ieradicator.......can remove Ie up to version 6.....as others have said it can cause all sorts of bother .......but if you really have to.......