Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Non Native English Speakers

  1. #1
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    When you are doing the typing in English, do you think in English.

    Or do you think in your own language and then translate it in your head, then type it.

    Or what.

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    27,099
    oui

    As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    oui
    "lawl"

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    burlington, Ontario
    Posts
    5,341
    nien

    but, when I type in French, I have to think about what I'm saying in english then type. It's hard but if I dont know how to say something, I ask Guillaume or my french teacher. French is kinda backwards so I usually need a lot of help.
    Last edited by maebach; 01-26-2006 at 09:05 PM.

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    I do all my thinking in Welsh. Much more logical that way.

    Then I translate it to English before t'postage.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    I'm an Even Steven with a
    Posts
    10,491
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I do all my thinking in Welsh. Much more logical that way.

    Then I translate it to English before t'postage.
    Do you not sometimes think in english with a welsh accent

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    It's hard but if I dont know how to say something, I ask Guillaume or my french teacher.
    I'm sure your French teacher is delighted at his/her place in la pecking order.

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I do all my thinking in Welsh. Much more logical that way.

    Then I translate it to English before t'postage.
    Do you not sometimes think in english with a welsh accent
    Do you not sometimes twist the guts out of syntax. Me I'm more of a metaphor mixer.

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tj Mexico
    Posts
    1,430
    I think in english, it comes as natural;
    but still I know my english writing is perhaps the worst in this forum.

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    I'm an Even Steven with a
    Posts
    10,491
    Quote Originally Posted by worldpease
    I think in english, it comes as natural;
    but still I know my english writing is perhaps the worst in this forum.
    I beg to differ. Maybe a poll in in order

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •