Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Brand Of Cd-r's?

well the first few tracks with my memorax arent that good

first the first three tracks it usually cuts the first 10 seconds... for memorax

ummm sony and tdk are good

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Forum Star
    Memorex is B quality. If you are unlucky you can throw away your burned cds after two years.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by Paul@23 April 2003 - 23:18
    Memorex is B quality. If you are unlucky you can throw away your burned cds after two years.
    Paul what do u mean? are u saying that after 2 years it is likely that the cd's will be worthless? I hope this is not the case, because my movie collection will be garbage. I use all types of cdr's philips, imation, fuji, kypermedia, memorex.... basically whatever is on sale for a dirt cheap price. Please fill me in!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@22 April 2003 - 15:52
    Why not CD-RWs................
    most audio players, including hifis do not support cd-rw media ...
    just try it and you'll see ^_^ ( dun worry, it's rw so nothing goes to waste )

and yes, cdrs DO have a certain lifespan ... 2 years is abit short tho ... last heard it was 5 years for the no-brand-type silver-blues ( lifespan varies for diferent dyes used , gold lasts the longest )

also depends on the quality of the cdr and frequency of usage.believe it or not, spinning causes the dye and such thingys in the cdr to shift/slide/whatever to the outer edges of the cdr ( stupid centripetal force , i can't even spell it ) .

lastly, always burn audio/video cds in 4X or, if possible , 2X or 1X . why ? coz the lower the burning speed, the more stable is the lazer and the spin. Hence, better sound/video ^_^

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    TDK
    Also, when burning, try to keep on the underside of the "70 minute" mark.
    Yes, it does also help to keep your speed low too, but if your trying to cram over 70min on there, your
    going to have trouble B)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    i use sony & hp only B)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    It appears KODAK is a good brand too. Here is some info on that, and degradation B)

http://club.cdfreaks.com/archive/topic/51491.html

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    hmm I use whatevers on sell they all seem to work the same! As for them only lasting 2 to 5yrs???? I don't think thats true I have quit a few cd-r's that ive had longer then 5yrs some get used all the time and i've never had a problem

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Forum Star
    Always store CD-Rs in a dry and dark place. That really helps keeping them alive.

Really old Cd-Rs were usually gold dye and were usually relatively good brands. That's why those usually still work.

Top brands (Taiyo Yuden, TDK, etc) claim to have a life-span of 100 years. Much more as other brands that are usually <25 years.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@22 April 2003 - 03:50
    Lately, I&#39;ve been burning music CD&#39;s and having them end up bad. They twitch in some stereos, won&#39;t play in some, and end up good in some&#33; I use Sony 700MB 40x CD-R&#39;s. What brand of CD-R&#39;s do you guys recommend for music?
    I use ONLY SONY&#33;

and never had any of the problems you mentioned.
    Maybe because i use a Lite-On writer?
    Never fails on anything&#33;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast