Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: why all the hate?

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by kan200
    my favourite artists right now are high contrast (drum and bass), plump djs and stanton warriors (breakbeat), future sound of london (trance) and infected mushroom (techno). i like going to fat raves and getting off my bollocks. my taste in music revolves around having a good time and getting on with people, regardless of what kind o music or whatever they're into. its a generalization but goths and metal heads seem to have a real chip on there shoulders and look down on anyone with different tastes.
    Perhaps it's because you don't need to take six pills to appreciate a metal gig but it's a prerequisite if you're off to a rave.

Maybe that's why metalheads look down their nose at people whose musical tastes include trance. I wouldn't have a clue.

As for me, I like punk and I couldn't give a shit what other people like. You'll be hard pushed to find a post of mine 'hating' someone for liking something other than what I like. Unless I'm taking the piss out of a friend, maybe.

My first post in this thread was nothing to do with what music you listen to, it was because you sounded like some e'd up idealistic bleeding heart music liberal.

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Music   -   #22
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    just out of intrest manker what kind of music do you listen too?
    Take a look:

http://www.last.fm/user/manker/
    Id hit it!

3. Music   -   #23
    my favourite artists right now are high contrast (drum and bass), plump djs and stanton warriors (breakbeat), future sound of london (trance) and infected mushroom (techno). i like going to fat raves and getting off my bollocks. my taste in music revolves around having a good time and getting on with people, regardless of what kind o music or whatever they're into. its a generalization but goths and metal heads seem to have a real chip on there shoulders and look down on anyone with different tastes.
    Perhaps it's because you don't need to take six pills to appreciate a metal gig but it's a prerequisite if you're off to a rave.

Maybe that's why metalheads look down their nose at people whose musical tastes include trance. I wouldn't have a clue.

As for me, I like punk and I couldn't give a shit what other people like. You'll be hard pushed to find a post of mine 'hating' someone for liking something other than what I like. Unless I'm taking the piss out of a friend, maybe.

My first post in this thread was nothing to do with what music you listen to, it was because you sounded like some e'd up idealistic bleeding heart music liberal.

i appreciate the honest response, the reason i started this thread was to find out why people who are into metal and stuff are so hostile towards those who like trance ect. i guess youve kinda awnsered my question to a degree. i can see now why you're so superiour, i mean its not like the words 'drugs' and 'rock n roll' have ever been uttered in the same sentence.

4. Music   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    hey, i'm pretty new to this site but i've been reading the music posts a lot and its really sad how theres so much bad blood between people with different tastses in music (mainly between punk rock and electronica fans). I understand being deffensive about your own preffered music, but i dont get why we feel the need to slag each others tastes off. i say we cos i've been guilty of it myself, but after the initial buzz of 'my musics better than yours' i'm left with a really bad feeling like whats the point?. i'd like to take this oportunity to apologise to the slipknot and system of a down fans i've dissed and ask they in turn stop taking every chance to take the piss out of techno or dj shadow.lets just get along. peace.
    You've been a member for what? A few days? Hours?

You can't possibly know how serious people around here are about what they say about hating this or that type of music and you definitely can't have a full grasp on who people in here are, and all you accomplish by doing this kind of thing without actually being a member of our community is to make yourself look as a bit of a mentalist attention whore, or somesuch.

Last I saw a post with a sentiment that was something like this, was when our favourite troll last came in. Granted, he was on about our political opinions, rather than our musical ones. But either way he didn't have a clue, and I rather wonder where you got your notion of "all the hate between punk rock and electronica fans" from.

People have a right to say that a certain type of music is shite, if they want.

No geptard from pantsville, texas, or wherever is going to tell me what I can't hate Down with censorship, and so forth.

5. Music   -   #25
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    teh answer as to why i hate trance rap etc/.

music is about using instruments and vocals

not machines and talking

6. Music   -   #26
    manker's Avatar effendi

i appreciate the honest response, the reason i started this thread was to find out why people who are into metal and stuff are so hostile towards those who like trance ect. i guess youve kinda awnsered my question to a degree. i can see now why you're so superiour, i mean its not like the words 'drugs' and 'rock n roll' have ever been uttered in the same sentence.
    Generally to do with the artists themselves, geptard.

Did you deliberately not get that I meant the people experiencing the music rather than the people making it ... or are you just not very bright.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Music   -   #27
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    btw, mankers oppinion are void because he listens to pop punk.

so, like, don't bitch about other peoples musical taste cause like, it's gay

8. Music   -   #28
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins

Yeah who like listens to Fallout Boy...ghey!

9. Music   -   #29
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Celerystalksme
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins

Yeah who like listens to Fallout Boy...ghey!
    I didn't think I did - but I do!

Number 54 on my list. I quiver when someone touches my 'more top artists' button

10. Music   -   #30
    o.k, like i said i started this thread cos i was curious about a rift between people cos of the music they listen to, not specificaly in here but just in general. so i wasnt trying to judge your community, it wasnt intended to aggrovate anyone either. i probably have bin taking it to seriously though.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast