Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm Just Trying to be a Better Person.

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I was rodding you because you hate being pulled up about googling.

As for being nice to person A correlating with person W being nice back to you - well, provided person A isn't a deaf, blind mute; good word spreads just as quickly as bad. They don't have to be connected to each other - just by proxy.

Being good to people as a general principle means that it's more likely that people are going to do good stuff back to you - not a guarentee or anything but it's better than the alternative. I call that karma.

Other people might call it something else, I duno.
    It's word of mouth.

It's what made me see The Sixth Sense when I previously wouldn't have.

It also helps businesses and stuff.

I'm nice to people just because. If I help someone I'd do it with the comfort of no one else finding out about it.
    Word of mouth you say, what a revelation!

Thanks, I thought it was magic.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    Are you talking about people in gereral
    Because i dont relate to what your saying.I think the piano fell on him because a piano fell on him
    I had this debate with some folks at work.

It's a common saying, "What goes around come around."

I believe, "Not necessarily."

manker's belief is actually sensible. It's how some businesses do well. It's a direct correlation.

Some people make a correlation between 2 disparate events. They never link in any way besides the fact of the bad/good deed done and the perceived reward/punishment. This is what I disagree with.
    Face2Face yeah.But pianos dont count.Thats why i said it was psychological

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Blythorama's Avatar Podiceps cristatus

Being good to people as a general principle means that it's more likely that people are going to do good stuff back to you - not a guarantee or anything but it's better than the alternative. I call that karma.
    Each and every time we interact with another person, we have a choice about how to treat them. If you choose to interact nicely, people are more likely to respond in kind. If you choose NOT to be nice, you will find people respond in a similar displeasing manner. Not many people will be nice to you after you treat them badly. However, in my experience, if someone is nice to me after I've been horrible, it makes me think about what I am doing, feel bad for baing a cow, and behave nicely. Sounds a bit karmic to me.

Also, if you are a nice person and someone responds evily, at least you've the satisfaction of knowing you have tried to be the best person you can be.
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

4. Lounge   -   #24
    stop talking to your self mang.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blythorama

Being good to people as a general principle means that it's more likely that people are going to do good stuff back to you - not a guarantee or anything but it's better than the alternative. I call that karma.
    Each and every time we interact with another person, we have a choice about how to treat them. If you choose to interact nicely, people are more likely to respond in kind. If you choose NOT to be nice, you will find people respond in a similar displeasing manner. Not many people will be nice to you after you treat them badly. However, in my experience, if someone is nice to me after I've been horrible, it makes me think about what I am doing, feel bad for baing a cow, and behave nicely. Sounds a bit karmic to me.

Also, if you are a nice person and someone responds evily, at least you've the satisfaction of knowing you have tried to be the best person you can be.
    You call it karma. I call it basic psychology.

Call me an asshole, I just might call you a bitch.

Nothing outlandish there.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Blythorama's Avatar Podiceps cristatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Blythorama

You call it karma. I call it basic psychology.

Call me an asshole, I just might call you a bitch.

Nothing outlandish there.
    You can call it what you want. It's just semantics.

I wouldn't call you an asshole. I might however call you an arsehole.
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

7. Lounge   -   #27
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I believe in the interconnectedness of all things. That we are part of a universal whole, not separate from it but living within it.

Karma however is just pish and coincidence.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    my boss made me clean the toilets and they exploded

9. Lounge   -   #29
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    my boss made me clean the toilets and they exploded
    Were you badly injured, The.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripper
    What has Karma to do with God?
    It is a Hindu/Budist concept.
    I have to believe in Karma