Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: boycotts of Danish goods in middle East!

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    I'm boycotting American sports events after they mocked my country in the latest episode of Family Guy. So I shan't be watching the Superbasketball Universe World Series Megafinal on 5th Febuary.
    Bet you watch the Royal Rumble (It's on Usenet already, btw)
    but he's obviously not paying for it

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    you know whats the diffrence between us and west, they dont belive in religious as much as we do, we do take certain thoughts from others about the religious belives offended but u guys dont, if u dont agree with something keep it to your self u dont need to make a book about it and anger a entire muslim world, majority is above one persons beliving.
    u guys may dont take a bad word offensive about the bible but we do, what salman rushdie(cursing the quruan) did was crossing the line, if it wasnt wrong entire muslim wouldnt take it offensive just whats now happened in denmark.
    So Rushdie mustdie 'cause he called Mohammed a doodyhead.

It makes sense now.

And here I'm thinking I should defend myself and family during a break-in and you just get insulted and wanna break out the AKs.

Silly me.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-30-2006 at 11:33 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    you know whats the diffrence between us and west, they dont belive in religious as much as we do, we do take certain thoughts from others about the religious belives offended but u guys dont, if u dont agree with something keep it to your self u dont need to make a book about it and anger a entire muslim world, majority is above one persons beliving.
    u guys may dont take a bad word offensive about the bible but we do, what salman rushdie(cursing the quruan) did was crossing the line, if it wasnt wrong entire muslim wouldnt take it offensive just whats now happened in denmark.

It makes sense now.

And here I'm thinking I should defend myself and family during a break-in and you just get insulted and wanna break out the AKs.

Silly me.
    You're not comparing like for like.

As Bawa says, devout muslims think differently about religion. Allah is a part of their family, the most revered part of their life. Prayer is offered five times a day and religion is never out of their thoughts.

I think this is a clumsy analogy but if some guy wrote a bestseller that called my Mam a whore, I'd probably want to beat the crap out of him, maybe not kill him, but certainly ensure that I was seen to be standing up for my Mam's honour such that other people wouldn't be tempted into writing a similar book.

I don't condone the fatwah, but I can certainly understand the motives behind it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

It makes sense now.

Silly me.
    You're not comparing like for like.

As Bawa says, devout muslims think differently about religion. Allah is a part of their family, the most revered part of their life. Prayer is offered five times a day and religion is never out of their thoughts.

I think this is a clumsy analogy but if some guy wrote a bestseller that called my Mam a whore, I'd probably want to beat the crap out of him, maybe not kill him, but certainly ensure that I was seen to be standing up for my Mam's honour such that other people wouldn't be tempted into writing a similar book.

I don't condone the fatwah, but I can certainly understand the motives behind it.
    The fatwah is what I'm talking about. I know the motives.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Then what's with the glib comments.

'You get insulted and wanna break out the AK47s'.

It's hardly the same thing.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26

I view calling for the execution of another for an insult as going "too far".

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi

Me too.

However, to insult a deity, who to millions of people is as real as our parents are to us, and who these same millions of people speak to with their intimate desires and dreams five times a day, is hardly the same as calling someone a 'doodyhead'.

I don't know why anyone would even make such a correlation.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    I'm boycotting American sports events after they mocked my country in the latest episode of Family Guy. So I shan't be watching the Superbasketball Universe World Series Megafinal on 5th Febuary.
    Bet you watch the Royal Rumble (It's on Usenet already, btw)
    Cheers, I will download it and watch it. But I shall only cheer for the Canadians and Mexicans.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Me too.

However, to insult a deity, who to millions of people is as real as our parents are to us, and who these same millions of people speak to with their intimate desires and dreams five times a day, is hardly the same as calling someone a 'doodyhead'.

I don't know why anyone would even make such a correlation.
    I was trying not to be crass, for once.

I didn't know your whole focus was 'cause I said "doodyhead".

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    The latest is an Iraqi militant organization calling for all muslims to attack Danish and Norwegian targets (A christian magazine reprinted the pictures over here shortly after their original release).

While I agree with freedom of speech, and there was certainly nothing illegal about the pictures per se, I don't believe it to be the morally right thing to do.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast