Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oscar nominations

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    No you wern't talking about a movie. You were saying you didn't want someone from your country pretending to be gay in a movie. Therefor being homophopic which could offend some members. Whats wrong with someone pretending to be gay?

Not that i would care
    nothing is wrong just that we wil get more sterotypes liek kangeroos adn crocadiles running out

and the accadamy loves gay movies

Tom Hanks won because he played a gay guy with aids its one of those "lets give this to the public and make us look good awards"

it clearly should have went to liam, neson that year for SCHINDLER'S LIST", he was robbed
    Gotta diasgree with you there...slightly.

Philadelphia was a damn good movie and sometimes good movies will carry a lead actor/actress in that movie to an oscar.

I personally think Denzel's performance was better. His character was more dynamic. He played a homophobic character that takes on a homosexual as a client in a homosexual discrimination case.

Tom Hank's acting was no stretch but it evoked a sympathetic emotional response to a homosexual in a heterosexual world.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-01-2006 at 03:55 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    I haven't seen phyladelphia yet

but I must agree with peerzy, you sounded like you were trying to offend homosexuals.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach

but I must agree with peerzy, you sounded like you were trying to offend homosexuals.
    Sounds to me like Ad was offended.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach

what I sadi is the same thing somebody would say about kangaroos being in my backyard no difference if you read all the bullshit posts that are in the lounge it is nothing compared to what I said

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    So Kangaroo's in your backyard is the same as you disliking the fact that someone from your country pretended to be gay, ergo displaying your dislike for gays.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Oh noes the gheys are gonna win it!!!111

Tragic.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    fuck it im turning gay I am offended at myself

ok maybe I shouldn't have said it but I didnt mean it to come out like that sorry for any gays on here that I have offended

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    I think that Terrence Howard was great in Hustle & Flow. And Brokeback Mountain was a very good film. Homophobes and closed minded people are just uncomfortable with the content. *shrugs* Their loss, really. Different strokes for different folks.
    My favorite films are animated, though, and for that category: I think that Tim Burton's corpse bride will win the animation category. It's such a beautiful movie in both animation and style. I know the jury is mixed on this one, but I love it. I enjoyed it a bit more than Wallace & Gromit. And I can't say that I've seen the other film up for the same award. *shrugs* I got the Corpse Bride dvd at the end of last month and wend through all of the special features. Pretty informative, actually. I feel silly for thinking that the puppets were still made of clay. and they have mechanical frames and heads that give them those facial expressions. Hella cool. I recommend this dvd.
    Anyway, I think that this year's Oscar nominees lack that big time Hollywood star power. (With the exception of George Clooney, of course.) We'll see how the next year treats us.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by curious george
    I think that Terrence Howard was great in Hustle & Flow. And Brokeback Mountain was a very good film. Homophobes and closed minded people are just uncomfortable with the content. *shrugs* Their loss, really. Different strokes for different folks.
    I haven't seen the film but it's a love story and I'm not really into love stories.

Add man-on-man action to it and it really makes it a NOT SEE movie.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Here's all you need to know about the Oscars:

The Passion of the Christ made over $600,000,000 but received no (as in "0") Oscar nominations.

It was regarded as a great film even by many atheists, and it's technical achievement was second to none.

I believe Brokeback Mountain has yet to break $50 million, and was, until the nominations were announced, being seen in about nine cities in the U.S.

Brokeback Mountain has garnered eight nominations, and will surely win at least a few.

Say what you want about the proportion of gays in the world (much less in Hollywood), the number, whatever it may be, is positively dwarfed by the number of Christians in the world, though almost certainly not in Hollywood.

Draw your own conclusions.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast