Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's so "free" about this

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    The important thing in communication is what people understand you to have said, not what you thought you said.
    Here we go again so you decided something and I cleared it up. Rather than choose to accept it has been cleared up you have to stay with what you decided I said.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    By doing what they are told by their Commander in Chief.
    Show me where I disputed that
    You didn't, it just makes your "they didn't volunteer to fight in Iraq" a non-point and a bit of a silly thing to say, when you are fully aware that they have no choice in the matter.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    The important thing in communication is what people understand you to have said, not what you thought you said.
    Here we go again so you decided something and I cleared it up.
    :nob:

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    story

When the president is giving a speech and includes a message that "we are fighting the enemies of freedom" why was she not allowed to wear this "statement"?

I will add that I'm not sure if there is a rule barring all political messages so it may be the case that if she was wearing a "we fight them over there so we don't have to fight them here" slogan then she would have suffered the same treatment, however to me this smacks of censorship.

She was not standing up and shouting, she was not causing a disturbance.

Edit:

Apparently the wife of congressman young was asked to leave because she was wearing a "support our troops" t.shirt. So there isn't a bias.

Obviously you didn't watch the state of the union address, because she was standing up and shouting the moment President Bush was introduced - she couldn't even wait for for his full introduction. When watching, I didn't even see him walking out because the camera moved over to her. Might want to check your facts.

the war and support of the troops

sheehan supports the troops in her way by making sure we know how many died (I don't get how one can support the war and wish to hide such costs) and by campaigning to get them out of harms way. You may not agree with how she supports them but she is not anti troops. In this she stood on principle and refused to cover her shirt or leave.

the other claimed to support the troops and the war but didn't think it worth making a stand.
    Be sure to ask the next male/female troop that you meet whether they agree with Sheehan's "support".
    I didn't know she was causing a ruckus. Well that's a different thing altogether isn't it? That ain't just a t-shirt.

Also you've got to be kidding me? EVERY single troop I've met disagrees with the war. All of these are not necessarily black or my friends either.

I've gone on AAFB and BAFB often (not recently though) so I've talked to MANY troops. I also have talked to a few (not many) at the Washington Navy Yard and Fort Mcnair but I don't go there often. ALL have the same disagreement. These are men that have been over there and were back. Some had to go back but not all which I thought was weird.

Now on TV the troops talk of support for the war....and it's in their best interest too.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    'nuff said.

I know a few personally, some agre some don't...what's your point?

My point is simple. 99% of troops don't care for her to say it lightly. When the troops don't think it's support, it's not support.
    HTH do you know?

TV?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    When do I appeal to anyone?
    What I meant by that was your normal method of posting....you know, the bitch-ass, fuck-wit, CaptainObvious, my rod/johnson balls-hanging-out, what-not, partyline bendover stuff that is so inherently you.

It is the way you post, much as I constantly use big words that you object to so often.

It's so endearing.
    Big words? You don't use big words.

I also don't say rod, might have used fuck-wit once, and never say balls hanging out. (count the last sentence though)

I don't post like a stuck-up tuna and am not trying to write a book. I mean you know what a partyline bendover is yet I doubt it's in your thesaurus.

Anyway back on topic...

If Sheehan was creating a ruckus than this whole thing seems like a non-issue.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    she was not silent while being arrested, i have yet to see a report where she was shouting before....... must be the liberal media

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    There's a video here http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11120353/ or at least a link to one.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

What I meant by that was your normal method of posting....you know, the bitch-ass, fuck-wit, CaptainObvious, my rod/johnson balls-hanging-out, what-not, partyline bendover stuff that is so inherently you.

It is the way you post, much as I constantly use big words that you object to so often.

It's so endearing.
    I don't post like a stuck-up tuna and am not trying to write a book. I mean you know what a partyline bendover is yet I doubt it's in your thesaurus.
    Okay.

Glad you've cleared that up.

Whatever your perception is of my posting, then, and whatever mine is of yours.

No one is likely to confuse us with each other nor with anyone else.

BTW-what is the "tuna" reference in aid of?

I am not familiar with it.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Here's my 2 bits...

1. Sheehan's message was disliked, she was kicked out. She resisted. She was arrested.

2. The congressman's wife was kicked out only 'cause she Sheehan was kicked out. It would have looked like a double standard.

3. Due to the outrage of the congressman's wife and congressman, there was an apology and the Sheehan charges had to be dropped.

4. If "proper attire" is to be worn, then that would mean a blank t-shirt would be improper yet....it isn't.

I'm curious. Did anyone actually watch the State Of The Union address?

I think was watching Supernatural (the Prez never takes over The WB ). The President never says the state of the union is weak. To me it's a huge snorefest.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-11-2006 at 05:35 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast