Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: AMD nearly doubling Intel....

  1. #1
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    holy hell......I hadn't looked at the stocks in a while (few months maybe)
    just logged into My Yahoo! and saw this:



    last I looked Intel still had an edge,
    if only by about a buck or so per share
    maybe that was as far back as this summer,
    but I don't think it was even that long ago

    so in the space of just a few months....

    and here's some more AMD news:
    http://www.forbes.com/markets/commod...markets08.html

    yup....they're gettin a Dell

    Intel is so fucked.....
    Last edited by fkdup74; 02-03-2006 at 08:25 AM.

  2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Intel is resting quite comfortably, don't you worry. To start with the share-value isn't a sign of company health. Secondly, is AMDs actual stockvalue really higher then Intels? You know it's not the price of a single share, it's the price of all of them together, and I bet there's like a hundred more intel stocks out there then AMD, meaning their total value is far higher.

    What I'm saying is the price of a single stock doesn't mean anything.

    The CPU market is a massive part of AMD also, while Intel is a huge company which does a LOT of other things, they're massively bigger then AMD.

    If AMD is doing well, good for them, but I don't see Intel going anywhere.

  3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelthor
    Intel is resting quite comfortably, don't you worry. To start with the share-value isn't a sign of company health. Secondly, is AMDs actual stockvalue really higher then Intels? You know it's not the price of a single share, it's the price of all of them together, and I bet there's like a hundred more intel stocks out there then AMD, meaning their total value is far higher.

    What I'm saying is the price of a single stock doesn't mean anything.

    The CPU market is a massive part of AMD also, while Intel is a huge company which does a LOT of other things, they're massively bigger then AMD.

    If AMD is doing well, good for them, but I don't see Intel going anywhere.
    Ditto.

    You also have to think that if Intel's stock was worth more per share just a couple of months ago, chances are they've had a split in order for their individual shares to be where they are now.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelthor
    while Intel is a huge company which does a LOT of other things, they're massively bigger then AMD.
    so they make a bunch of other underdeveloped, poorly engineered shit?

    AMD is going to take the Dell account from Intel,
    or at least a large part of it
    are you saying that won't be a hit on Intel's wallet?
    how many units does Dell sell per year?
    that, by the way, feature only Intel CPUs at the monent?
    if they no longer feature Intel CPUs, well then,
    there's no need for Intel mobos, chipsets, etc.
    shit rolls down hill.....

    not saying Intel's going belly up anytime soon,
    but they are still fucked if they don't do some massive rethinking soon
    if I'm the Intel CEO, I'm firing people left and right

  5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,624
    Quote Originally Posted by fkdup74
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelthor
    while Intel is a huge company which does a LOT of other things, they're massively bigger then AMD.
    so they make a bunch of other underdeveloped, poorly engineered shit?

    AMD is going to take the Dell account from Intel,
    or at least a large part of it
    are you saying that won't be a hit on Intel's wallet?
    how many units does Dell sell per year?
    that, by the way, feature only Intel CPUs at the monent?
    if they no longer feature Intel CPUs, well then,
    there's no need for Intel mobos, chipsets, etc.
    shit rolls down hill.....

    not saying Intel's going belly up anytime soon,
    but they are still fucked if they don't do some massive rethinking soon
    if I'm the Intel CEO, I'm firing people left and right
    That's why you're not the CEO of Intel. You have to think of it from a business standpoint: Dell is most likely just diversifying. Meaning that they are no longer willing to keep "all their eggs in one basket" so-to-speak with Intel. Imagine the problems if Intel were to have a problem with their line. THEN Dell would be fucked. It's better for everyone to cover all your bases. I don't by any means see Dell dropping Intel from it's computers. Perhaps they'll just offer AMD in some of their higher end computers or maybe they'll offer every customer the choice of brand.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    meh.

  7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by fkdup74
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelthor
    while Intel is a huge company which does a LOT of other things, they're massively bigger then AMD.
    so they make a bunch of other underdeveloped, poorly engineered shit?

    <-- SNIP -->

    not saying Intel's going belly up anytime soon,
    but they are still fucked if they don't do some massive rethinking soon
    if I'm the Intel CEO, I'm firing people left and right
    I'm saying CPU's aren't even a major part of Intels minor empire, and they won't flinch, that's what I'm saying.

  8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelthor
    I'm saying CPU's aren't even a major part of Intels minor empire, and they won't flinch, that's what I'm saying.
    [sarcasm]
    I'm glad you explained that to me again,
    otherwise I never would have gotten the point
    [/sarcasm]

    you obviously missed my point, but that's OK

    do you work for Intel or something?

  9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,734
    Heh, AMD pwns Intel in every aspect.

  10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Menelthor is right that stock price is not always the best indicator but that's a small concession. However when a company has so much marketshare in a business and they lose a substantial amount of it, that is an even worse sign to an already low stock price.

    Stocks are about how ever many stocks you have growing and going higher in price.

    The AMD/Dell results in lower marketshare for Intel translating to reverse growth and thus even lower stock price.

    ...thus investors losing money on Intel.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-04-2006 at 03:48 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •