Thread: NetMeter

Nevermore's Avatar Pickin' bones
    What is NetMeter?

NetMeter is a small, customizable network bandwidth monitoring program for Windows 95/98/98SE/ME/NT4/2000/XP. NetMeter is and will always stay freeware. The program has been tested extensively on Windows 2000 and XP, but it should work just as well on all other Win32 operating systems.
    NetMeter looks and works almost exactly the same as DUMeter, but won't nag you for money after a month.
    It also has some cool features that DUMeter doesn't.

Hope someone out there finds this nice little bandwidth monitor as useful as I have.

NetMeter

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Just curious what features it has that DUMeter dosent since thats what Im using now...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Nevermore's Avatar Pickin' bones
    Well, it's been quite a while since I had DUMeter installed, so off the top of my head...

The graph can fade to almost invisible on mouse-over, then fade back in once the cursor moves away again.

In conjunction with the fade out, there's also a 'click through' feature.
    Handy if you want to click on something that's behind the graph.
    Saves you repositioning the meter all the time.

Apart from that, there's not a huge amount of difference... apart from the price, as I mentioned before.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Retired
    i prefer Netlimiter.

NetLimiter is an ultimate internet traffic control and monitoring tool designed for Windows. You can use NetLimiter to set download/upload transfer rate limits for applications or even single connection and monitor their internet traffic.

Along with this unique feature, Netlimiter offers comprehensive set of internet statistical tools. It includes real-time traffic measurement and long-term per-application internet traffic statistics