Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When windows overpowers you...

Surprised/Amazed

Good day everyone,

I am about to just throw my pc away and turn to mac(everyone probably has the same feelin when using windows). Ever since I bought my new pc, I've had several problems regarding the DVD-R/DVD-RW. It kept crashing around 54%,98%. At first I thought it was Nero (cause I was nero)..nope wasnt nero, then checked my drivers for the dvd writer, wrong again... Thought I had one of those faulty writers (checked on forums) so I bought a new dvd writer(NEC Nd-3551A). I was so happy when the first cd I burned worked, turned out I was fooled because the next ones all died.... At the end, I just blamed windows and noticed that my *cough* pirated *cough* version of Windows xp pro was at fault because I could only get the important updates regarding security, but I was missing out the imapi stuff ( i think ).

My question is, is it windows? anyone knows where I could get a working version (except the legal way :p) of windows that actually lets me update more than the security stuff.

Or is windows not to blame here?

ps: I've lost about 140 memorex dvds each costing 5sfrs each... I'll let you do the math in your currency :p

Thanks in advance!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Why not try different media?

I'd have tried that before buying a new dvd writer.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yoga's Avatar \ ( ^ 0 ^ ) / BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Throw your pc out the window and get a mac. When the mac starts giving you problems, stare at the reflection in the monitor of the individual which is the source of all problems. Then toss him out the window.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Abacus FTW.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    But I have another pc with the latest Nero premium and its working fine. Yes, the other has a legitimate Windows Home edition (its a dell, dont hit me! )

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    When it crashes, does it give you an error message?

Could you post the full system specs?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpio81
    (everyone probably has the same feelin when using windows)
    no, not really
    maybe a feeling of fdisk > install Linux, but,
    let's-throw-out-a-just-as-powerful-machine-for-way-less-in-favor-of-a-moneypit,
    nah....can't say that I've had that feeling

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I can only think the problem is the short between the chair and the keyboard.

Give some details instead of embellishments regarding your thoughts about the O/S.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    My guess would be that you bought a sh***y computer. With shiny stat components that aren't worth a d*mn irl. Which leads to my favorite guess. Because with the lack of info, thats all this "help" you're really getting. It's the cheap *ss PSU. Or the lack of RAM (always a good 2nd guess). If you want real help give us real info.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    yea, post more info on the problem ........ooohh look, my post count went up by one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast