Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Maybe you should reorganize the FAQ a bit.

  1. #1
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    on something.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    22,677
    Since we switched to vb and a few things changed a couple of people have asked about stuff like this.

    I dunno', maybe the FAQ and linkage we've got for how to fiddle around in posts and whatnot isn't accessible enough if you are in a hurry or something (and I don't reckon there's anything odd with people having missed how to do stuff like it, or that they might not go a-clicking to find the info, they wanna' get on with the posting and whatnot).

    Or put a really big and descriptive link somewhere in the GUI, to the vb code guide you've got, where everyone is more likely to see it when posting (like above the smileys holding signs, maybe), maybe it could flash a bit and be in neon pink, I dunno'.



    Maybe we could supplement it with a thread about how to post, with a look on how things changed from vb (it was while ago, but still), and pin that thread in the lounge or something

  2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    The Default and Chromo skin there is a FAQ link in the navbar above that covers most of this I would think. In the Synapse skin it is also in the navbar in the Quick Links dropdown though maybe it could be placed in the navbar like the others perhaps to be more visible I guess...

  3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    on something.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    22,677
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    The Default and Chromo skin there is a FAQ link in the navbar above that covers most of this I would think.
    Yeah, but to figure out what I just described, you need to click your way to here.

    Or click here:


    But since using code is a pretty integral part of posting, maybe you should put a link here:

    And/or move things around a bit in the faq, so the vb section with the code examples was easier to reach right away. It's pretty easy now, tho', but maybe it could be a bit better, 'cos the actual vb-code is more important, to me anyhow, than the stuff I had to click past to get there.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-13-2006 at 07:22 PM.

  4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    I'm an Even Steven with a
    Posts
    10,491
    I second that idea SnnY. It does my head in sometimes trying to find the VB code link as well

  5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Ive added the vB code link to the Synapse since thats the skin n00bs see. Not sure how to get it in the spot you suggested so maybe rossco can do that when he has time. Also added the spelling.gif in the Synapse skin. Noticed that feature wasnt even available in FF with Synapse since the gif want showing...

    Spelling.gif
    Last edited by RealitY; 02-14-2006 at 08:06 PM.

  6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Ive added the vB code link to the Synapse since thats the skin n00bs see. Not sure how to get it in the spot you suggested so maybe rossco can do that when he has time. Also added the spelling.gif in the Synapse skin. Noticed that feature wasnt even available in FF with Synapse since the gif want showing...

    Spelling.gif
    That feature is for IE only that's why...


    edit: Moved the link, how's it look?
    Last edited by tesco; 02-14-2006 at 09:24 PM.

  7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Had a feeling might be IE only although was missing from the Synapse skin even in IE so its there now.
    The location now looks fine now although was thinking maybe using a gif would be cleaner like...

    Last edited by RealitY; 02-14-2006 at 10:18 PM.

  8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    on something.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    22,677
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Ive added the vB code link to the Synapse since thats the skin n00bs see. Not sure how to get it in the spot you suggested so maybe rossco can do that when he has time. Also added the spelling.gif in the Synapse skin. Noticed that feature wasnt even available in FF with Synapse since the gif want showing...

    Spelling.gif
    That feature is for IE only that's why...


    edit: Moved the link, how's it look?
    Nicely done the both of you. It looks ok to me (tho' I had to swap skins to see it ).

    Synapse makes for a better noob-skin now.

  9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,694
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    The Default and Chromo skin there is a FAQ link in the navbar above that covers most of this I would think. In the Synapse skin it is also in the navbar in the Quick Links dropdown though maybe it could be placed in the navbar like the others perhaps to be more visible I guess...
    I have Synapse skin & am using Opera. There is NO Quick Links button. No way to access faq.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •