Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 'Private Trackers', why so wanted?

private torrents usually get a lot more speeds with quality uploaders with very impressive lines, so the delivery time to more people is a lot less with private servers, u arent allowed to hit and run because you have to maintain a certain ratio (the amount of download=amount of upload).

most private servers have a 0day pre-time which means your the first ones to get it :> some private servers only host torrents on their tracker up to a specific amount of days, then it gets deleted.

so some private torrents won't have 1 or 2 year old stuff whereas public ones might. Other privaet servers also have a request system, where you can request old stuff, but usually the 0day pre-time servers dont.

heres a few trackers im personally on, and can speak from experience:

www.torrentbytes.net (no request system - torrents stay only for 21 days)
    -quality tracker
    -very private, no invite system
    -very fast speeds
    -active admins and support
    -variety of torrents (PS2,xBOX games, dvd-r,xvids,XXX,music...etc)
    -0day release tracker

www.torrentit.com (request system)
    -request system
    -lots of old AND new stuff

www.torrentleech.org
    -quality releases (VERY FAST PRETIMES)
    -speeds are decent too
    -a lot more variety to choose from

(*all these trackers below and above have something in common, they all require/stronly advise you to maintain a certain ratio, 1)
    ---
    some other ones are

scenetorrents
    supertorrents
    bitme.org
    bitmetv.org

try to look for some quality ones, some sites have a really tight sign up, such as torrentbytes, sometimes its luck :> and some generous people might pop you a few invites too.

hope this helped

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Yeah, basically its just a tighter community where everyone helps each other out. I want to get a registration at a private tracker because i get twice the speed i get on public ones.
    KyouryokuX

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Private trackers are the best except for there closed registration. Its impossibleto get on moste of them. Aside from that you get the best quality movies and incredibly fast download speeds. Private all the way

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    I'm somewhat of a newbie to whole BitTorrent scene. Quick question...is there any precident to the RIAA going after people who are registered at private sites? I know they could get you no matter what if they really want to, but have they ever gone after a private site and used the list of registered users to go after individuals?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Private trackers have more files and better speeds.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    i'd take a good private tracker over a good public one any day. not only is the speed better because there are less hit-n-runs as people care about their ratio, you are much more invisible to "the man" on private trackers. not that you're impossible to spot, but you're certainly much more secure than on a public one.

oh and always stay away from downloading NEW stuff from public trackers. you know, when it hits 500 seeders / 5,000 leechers.. it just gives a pretty list of IPs... the easiest way to get caught..

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    rguinn's Avatar chemist
    Private trackers are better because its users are held accountable for their actions, in terms of bandwidth. members simply have more initiative to seed.

the irony is that it's easy to get excellent upload on a public tracker, but it means nothing because ratios aren't generally kept track of. I WISH I got such good uploads on private trackers.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Private trackers are best known for thier speeds. Because they have small userbase and very few hits on a particular file. so very hard to keep healthy ratio

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Dedalus^'s Avatar The Truth is Out BT Rep: +3
    they also have a lot more to choose from. Especially if they let any user upload...

because every use would want to upload as much as they can to maintain a good ratio. So they upload any files that may be of the slightest interest to anyone.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Say Sorry ...
    speed、quality、pre time

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast