Thread: Game file sharing

Hi,
    As it says in the title I am interested in game file sharing. I have a dial-up connection. I live out of town. I saw these free game file sharing places and am interested in them. Could I do this with dial-up? Where is the best place to download games from?

Thanks
    Tim

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    LegendaryU2K's Avatar "Respect all Women"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by superman22x
    Hi,
    As it says in the title I am interested in game file sharing.
    Yup!

I have a dial-up connection.
    Years ago, i was using dial up, believe it or not on my sega dreamcast. Dial up was pretty fast believe it not, but i wouldnt use it for downloading games, but give it a try and let us know how it turns out.

I live out of town. I saw these free game file sharing places and am interested in them. Could I do this with dial-up? Where is the best place to download games from?

Thanks
    Tim
    Best place to download games?

Well i own over 300 pc games, about 5% of them i have downloaded from the net years ago, i would go with emule. If you planned to download a large file, i suggest you start your download first, then say go to sleep and wake up and it should be finsh.

Oh and use a firewall.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    corpsontherun's Avatar Corpsontherun
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryU2K
    If you planned to download a large file, i suggest you start your download first, then say go to sleep and wake up and it should be finsh.
    on dialup? are you kiding? mate i would seriously consider getting broadband, made my life so much better

so to answer your question i would not recommend downloading games on dialup

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    LegendaryU2K's Avatar "Respect all Women"
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsontherun
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryU2K
    If you planned to download a large file, i suggest you start your download first, then say go to sleep and wake up and it should be finsh.
    on dialup? are you kiding? mate i would seriously consider getting broadband, made my life so much better

so to answer your question i would not recommend downloading games on dialup
    Well if that is all he has, give it a try. lol

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    In response to the comment about broadband. I would get it if I could. Like I said we live out of town and therefore we can't get dsl or any of those high speed internets. We could get satalite internet but that is like $50 a month so that is a little pricey. If you know af any high speed internets that we could get please tell me.

Oh, and thanks for the info on where to download games from.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    corpsontherun's Avatar Corpsontherun
    yeah i see your predicement. you can try with dialup but it will take a LONG, LONG time