Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternatives To K-lite

SHIFTY's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Prozac@23 April 2003 - 02:47
    im having a drunken rant...but here it goes....

kl= fast as hell... but its a gamble, expect to download the same file twice and mix n mach the corrupt/correct bits (bit like woolworths really ).... bittorent is reletively fast....and u get what u pay for ( im in a huff due to me last d/l).... and e- mule is far too slow......but if u r after a specific game and u r willing to wait a day or 2.......the choice is yours....you r young...but you will learn.....(what movie/ad is that from lol )
    well my bittorrent is a slow as hell, and myne isnt even working at the moment, ADSL 512, and i have been downloading episode 20 of 24 for the past 15 hours which would normally take 2 hours through kazaa. so blow that, as hard as jenna.

2. Games   -   #12
    Originally posted by SHIFTY@23 April 2003 - 07:53

well my bittorrent is a slow as hell
    i agree shifty ur right

3. Games   -   #13
    with bittorrent u also have to keep into account that some files will be rare, that and omg if u dont have a tracker ur screwed. Because the first 3-4days a torrent is out its dl-ed like crazy, then after that ppl dont keep the gui open and thus losing dl availlability. games seem to dissappear in 2days, so u always have to keep up on new releases if ur gonna dl torrents. But say ur downloading some tv series from a month ago ur gonna have a tough time doing so because by then most torrents are dead. Like ive been dling most of the roswell episodes, and been getting them all, but i missed out on a couple of the first episode before i found out about bittorrent. But i cant download them because they are now dead torrents, or dead till some1 is asked to reseed them. most my torrents dl at 75-150kb because i get them as soon as they come out. So if u want to be on top of the game, u got to stay updated and give up on those files that were released awhile ago because they are gone.

also if the torrent u downloaded wasnt the quality u wanted thats the releasers fault, they released the shitty torrent, but ive yet to come across a shitty torrent yet. Music torrents dissappear really fast, but most tv series stay open for some time.

and kazaa ur more likely to get a messed up avi file just because thats how kazaa is, it jumps supernodes, and u cant do anything about taht. Ive downloaded movies over and over again on kazaa lite because they keep having corruptions that u cant fix, so thats y i resort to other p2p networks.

although kazaa is great for somethings, just not really really big files.

4. Games   -   #14
    have you triend overnet

5. Games   -   #15
    Proffesional Dumbass
    im going to give bittorrent a try

but can anyone tell me if bittorrent has ps2 rips before i download it?

6. Games   -   #16
    Poster
    So much replies but nobody actually answered the question on where to get bittorent.
    Here's a direct link to the download site, http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html.

Hehe, I just foun dout about bittorent too, gonna try it out right now .
    Cheers .

7. Games   -   #17
    Poster
    What are some of the good sites to get bittorent links from??
    I found a good anime one. Which you can access here. I found that one off the official site.

If you guys do have more links to good bittorent sites, please reply here. IF these is considered spamming, I think I'll gather all of it on a HTML file so you guys can download it off me.
    But first, remember to contribute to the LINKS.

8. Games   -   #18
    Dont anyone use OVERNET been quite sucessful for me upto just!

9. Games   -   #19
    Poster
    OVERNET? How about a link? That will do great .

10. Games   -   #20
    Check this Thread for more BT links.

btw, after reading through some of these posts...

BT has great error-correction. It's sort of like EMule's, if it doesn't match up witht the original source/tracker your getting it from, then it will re-download it.

It's also true that you must stay at the top of your game and try and always be one of the first to download the torrent when it first hits sites.

Also, BT is NOT for leechers. It forces you to share even with the incomplete... a little like Emule. The reason it disappears so quickly because many people don't bother re-opening the BT client for that file. A reason could be that they're off downloading another file and using that upload bandwidth for the users of that file.

Any glitches or similar is from the person that uploaded the torrent.

BT does have Ps2 rips. It has just about everything if you find the right sites.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast