Thread: Aspect Ratio (again, I know).

worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    HI, I posted this question before,
    but now that I think of it, I might have been unclear about what I wanted.

The thing is this, I downloaded this movie, but was just after finishing the dld,
    that I found out the 'aspect ratio was wrong...
    to illustrate, see at the pics;
    The picture should be like the first one, but instead, its like the second pic,
    its like squized.
    So please, what do you think I could do to fix it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    If the video is in Avi format go ahead and convert it to Dvd and that might correct the Squeezing although I don't know how you can tell unless you have the original Dvd to compare to. Otherwise you will have to use something like Virtual dub set to full processing of the video and under the video tab open filters and resize and change the black bar size till you get what you want. Then use (under the file tab) preview filtered to see what you will get. But, if the dimensions you choose are not compatible with the converter (DivX) it will stop when you try to save the file and tell you its incompatible.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    Thanks man, actually I have already tried the 'Virtual Dub' option and it seems to
    work fine, I just have to work out some details, but it seems to be the solution.
    Thanks.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    What are you using to play the video with? Most players let you change the aspect ratio very easily...

The 2nd picture doesn't look too bad... what movie is that?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I believe that Movie is Galaxy Quest with Tim Allen as the TV actor turned unwilling space adventurer.