Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compress 1gb to 600 mb video

I made a video of my playing HL2DM and the file size at the end was .99gb so pretty much 1 gb how would you compress that down to around 400 mbs? Enough to burn to a normal cd? I have winrar on my pc can i use winrar to get it around 600 mbs?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    What is it you want to do with this cd? If you want to play it Winrar will not help. If you want to transport it on the cd to others then unrar it when you get there it might but I doubt you can get that much compression. What format it the video in? If its mpeg you can recompress with divx or H.264 but the next player must have the codecs. Probably the best way for you to go would be to use a program to turn it into a Vcd which would be playable on any Pc. If a Vcd converter can make two Cd's from a 4gig movie your 1gig should fit on 1 Cd easily. Try Googling avi to vcd or mpeg to vcd and see what you find.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    VTS_01_4 thats all it says in the file name

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by cashvillecrush
    VTS_01_4 thats all it says in the file name
    That's a .VOB file.

You would be better to let Windows show you the full filename. Open 'My Computer'>Tools>Folder Options>View>Now remove the checkmark from [ ] Hide extensions for known file types and click OK.

Now your filenames will mean something.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    An easy app to do this would be something like DrDivX although the file would only be playable on your pc or a dvd player that plays avi file such as the Phillips DVP642 model...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    yeah but none of the programs people have givin me work to get the 1gb movie down enough to a 700mb to burn a cd why cant winrar just take the movie and compress it more than just 200mbs less

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cashvillecrush
    yeah but none of the programs people have givin me work to get the 1gb movie down enough to a 700mb to burn a cd why cant winrar just take the movie and compress it more than just 200mbs less
    Have you tried WinRar for that? What was the result?

Btw... Did you unhide your extensions?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    yeah i did the unhide.....when i used winrar the file went from 1,540,254 to 1,092,234

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    So is the file 1.5GB or 1GB ???

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    its around 1gb the movie flie size in kbs 1,452,234

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast