Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got a DMCA letter

Did anyone else get this? Does this mean i'm being sued or is it like a warning or something?

It said that i was sharing Jackass The Movie, and it said that I should stop.....I'm really scared.
    Last edited by Hall of Pain; 01-30-2005 at 01:29 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Its a warning, saying stop or we will do nothing. You are not being sued. Just lay low for a few months, and then make sure you use Peerguardian and anything you can to block companies seeing your traffic and keep the ammount you download low for a few more months. Most people get these and never hear from anyone again and still continue to download.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Its a warning, saying stop or we will do nothing. You are not being sued. Just lay low for a few months, and then make sure you use Peerguardian and anything you can to block companies seeing your traffic and keep the ammount you download low for a few more months. Most people get these and never hear from anyone again and still continue to download.

I called my ISP, and the guy from cox was saying same thing you did, he said if he got it he would laugh and frame it on the wall. He said a lot of people get these....

I mean....I have the movie on DVD at home....

btw, if i am being sued how can i know?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Your ISP would first have to give out your information and it dosent sound like they did does it...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hall of Pain
    I called my ISP, and the guy from cox was saying same thing you did, he said if he got it he would laugh and frame it on the wall. He said a lot of people get these....

I mean....I have the movie on DVD at home....

btw, if i am being sued how can i know?
    The RIAA/MPAA will email you or send a letter to your house saying that Warner Bro's is sueing you under the piracy act of 1996 parts XX-XX (Replace XX with the downloading parts) You will be contacted neared the court dates on more infomation. We advise you to contact your loyer asap.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 01-30-2005 at 01:50 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    The RIAA/MPAA will email you or send a letter to your house saying that Warner Bro's is sueing you under the piracy act of 1996 parts XX-XX (Replace XX with the downloading parts) You will be contacted neared the court dates on more infomation. We advise you to contact your loyer asap.

Do I get it like real fast.....or does it take a while?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I got 3 letters for various sharings and I got a voice mail message for another.

Nothing ever happened.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    HCT's Avatar WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dont worry its just to scare you and it looks like it working
    just do what peerzy said

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    Damn, It sounds so exiting.
    like when the police stoped me for passing a stop sign,
    -yea right, whatever- I said. lol.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hall of Pain
    Do I get it like real fast.....or does it take a while?
    You would have got it insted of the letter you got. There are two letters;

1)Stop what you are doing
    2)We are sueing your ass

You got the first one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast