Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea V Barcelona

1-2 final score. According to the gameplay the score was fair. Chelsea actually made chances at the second half and almost come close to a goal! Instead Motta
    scored for them and opend the score!
    Then it was Terry's turn to make things even scoring a goal for Barca.
    The rest of the game was more or less being controlled by Barca.
    Barca was searching for a goal and Eto'o found one with a header after Sylvinio's crossing!
    Chelsea was despairetely using counter attacks to surprise Barcelona's defence but the output was poor.
    Especially when Robben was substituted by Wright Philips!
    Best player for Barca: Leo Messi (maybe)
    Best Player(s) for Chelsea: Robben, Paolo Ferreira
    Gurdian Angels for Chelsea: TERRY!!! And of course Peter Czech(absolutely great Goal keeper)
    Last edited by Delorean; 02-22-2006 at 10:12 PM.

2. Sports Club   -   #62
    The first half and most of the second half the ref was quite harsh to Chelsea players.

Messi goes down is alright then sees the ref and rolls like he's on fire. Both should have been booked for diving.

When Terry rugby tackled Messi you can see Terry doesn't take his eyes off the ball where as Messi looks round at Terry then stops running.

2-1 is very harsh on us and i'd say Barca are favourites now but we can always turn it arround.

3. Sports Club   -   #63
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    When Terry rugby tackled Messi you can see Terry doesn't take his eyes off the ball where as Messi looks round at Terry then stops running.
    Still a foul tho'.

Just because a player is looking at the ball, doesn't mean he can run tho' an opposing player.

Still, a fair result at the end of the day.
    Last edited by manker; 02-23-2006 at 12:35 AM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Sports Club   -   #64
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I can't be arsed reading the whole thread, however I would like to make three points.

1. The pitch was a fucking disgrace.

2. The better team won.

3. Terry jumping on the lad and practically crushing him was a stone wall penalty.

5. Sports Club   -   #65
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

2. The better team won.

3. Terry jumping on the lad and practically crushing him was a stone wall penalty.
    Agree.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Sports Club   -   #66
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    I can't be arsed reading the whole thread, however I would like to make three points.

2. The better team won.

1. agreed but it stopped barca's passing

2. bollocks

3. total rubbish messi played the foul which made them both look like twats.

4. 2 yellows for the stupid rolls and thats should have been it. everyone else says the refs crap like the 3 commentators on sky sports.

7. Sports Club   -   #67
    What Messi did rolling on the ground like he was been shot down was too much yes but that wasn't the point and neither the reason why the ref showed the red card! the foul Del Horno did was hard. If he was aiming for the ball why didn't he tackled messi? instead he crushed on him without even to try to deccelarate! I was certain for the red card!
    You should complain that Olequer did not received a yellow card where he should in tow cases!

8. Sports Club   -   #68
    Del Horno miss kicks.
    Messi goes down.
    Messi looks at ref, no anger or pain on his face.
    Messi does 3 rolls to the right and ends up with his face down on the pitch.

Bad challenge but Messi should have been given whatever Del Horno was for his play acting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_ztX...ch=del%20horno

9. Sports Club   -   #69
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play

2. The better team won.

1. agreed but it stopped barca's passing

2. bollocks

3. total rubbish messi played the foul which made them both look like twats.

4. 2 yellows for the stupid rolls and thats should have been it. everyone else says the refs crap like the 3 commentators on sky sports.
    Sure, Messi play-acted and probably got Del Horno sent off. People say that play acting is inevitable because of the supremely high stakes in soccer nowadays - I do believe that certain Chelsea players would have done the same thing.

What goes around, comes around. Robben was an absolute disgrace against Liverpool a fortnight ago, he got Reina sent off when the game was already won. That is an act much worse that what Messi did because at least Messi can say he had Barca's best interests at heart.

Chelsea already had the points in the bag and Robben still contrived to get Reina sent off. I cannot see any justification whatsover in that.

Both are ugly incidents which need to be discouraged in an official way (a pink card meaning the diving player stays on the field but is banned for the next 3 games is my favourite) but the one in the Premiership is far worse.

I seriously don't know how Chelsea fans can bemoan Messi's actions.

The pitch did stop Barca's passing to an extent. The fantastic build up to Eto'o's goal could have happened much more often if it wasn't for state of it and Barca would have scored more goals.

Barca are a better team that Chelsea, overall. When Xavi is back, they will be able to match them in a defensive midfield capacity too. Chelsea do have the edge defensively, granted. By that I mean their central defenders. Barca's overlapping wing backs are superior altho' ordinary in a defensive capacity.

In my opinion, after looking at it again this morning, the Terry incident probably should have been an indirect free kick in the pentaly area. Terrry did, indeed, obstruct Messi but there was probably no intent. Added to that Messi had checked his run and was looking for the foul. So, when the obstruction occured, the laws say an indirect free kick should result.

10. Sports Club   -   #70
    That was not a miss kick peerzy. On the other hand though he may have try to kick the ball. But eventually he didin't and instead he did a dangerous foul. Messi
    played an act yes maybe all those rolls where too much but if we consider that Messi was lightly injured just above his knee he could have been in real pain.
    And just to add that Del Horno did another dangerous play on Messi when he kicked him on the knee a few minutes earlier! And i don't think that Del Horno misskicked there nor that he thought Messi's knee for a ball!

Anyhow, the ref didn't showed the red card to Del Horno because Messi was rolling on the ground but because of the dangerous foul he did! In order a Direct red card to be given the player that did the foul doesn't necessarily need to kill his opponent in order be sent off. A dangerous play is enough to sent him off.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast