Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Saturday night...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    ...we have Lacy vs. Calzaghe.

Should be a whole lotta' thumpin goin' on.

I gotta go with Lacy.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Welsh Joe for me, but then you knew that already big fella.

Lacy: My training is going great. We are expecting a great fight on March 4. I am 110 percent ready for this battle between me and Joe. This is the beginning of my stardom as a professional fighter and I am taking Joe very seriously. I have not looked past him and I am doing everything I can in the gym, making sure I am staying healthy and everything else. So it is going to be a fight. From where I see it, it is going to be a really good fight..

Calzaghe: Yeah, it is a big fight. It is the biggest fight in a long time. I know Jeff is going to be possibly the toughest fight of my career, so I am under no illusions that this is going to be a tough night. Like I have shown in the past, I have always risen to the occasion. I have the heart of a champion and the ability. It is just getting everything right and performing on that night. So I am excited. It is an exciting fight. It is great for the division and great for boxing. I cannot wait for that night. It is going to be a great fight.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Welsh Joe for me, but then you knew that already big fella.

Lacy: My training is going great. We are expecting a great fight on March 4. I am 110 percent ready for this battle between me and Joe. This is the beginning of my stardom as a professional fighter and I am taking Joe very seriously. I have not looked past him and I am doing everything I can in the gym, making sure I am staying healthy and everything else. So it is going to be a fight. From where I see it, it is going to be a really good fight..

Calzaghe: Yeah, it is a big fight. It is the biggest fight in a long time. I know Jeff is going to be possibly the toughest fight of my career, so I am under no illusions that this is going to be a tough night. Like I have shown in the past, I have always risen to the occasion. I have the heart of a champion and the ability. It is just getting everything right and performing on that night. So I am excited. It is an exciting fight. It is great for the division and great for boxing. I cannot wait for that night. It is going to be a great fight.
    I am a bit disconcerted by a thought that creeps into my head whenever a fight in which I have a rooting interest looms; that it will end early on a head-butt or other equally unsatisfactory technicality, and a rematch never comes off.

I just hope this one comes off as it should.

I can watch it live on Showtime, JP; how 'bout you?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Not sure yet, mate.

I assume it will be on SKY (NTL) but I don't know if it's a PPV or not.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Hmmm.

Be cool if I could dope out a way to stream it to you.

-Mark Twain

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Hmmm.

Yeah, but you'll stop the stream just before Joe wins.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Hmmm.

Yeah, but you'll stop the stream just before Joe wins.
    No, no-not me.

-Mark Twain

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    A lot of people seem to think that this won't go the distance. I, however, see Joe wining it on points.

Lacy's only real chance is to knock Calzaghe out since he is the inferior boxer. Lacy's power is indisputable so if he catches Calzaghe, particularly in earlier rounds, it will spell trouble for Joe.

I just hope Calzaghe plays is cleverly (which he has enough talent and experience to do) and not get drawn into a toe-to-toe war by the baying crowd and the 'slap' taunts which Lacy has been instructed to spout.

If he keeps him at mid-range, Joe will win on points by a large margin.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Just went to the BBC site to read some stuff about the fight and Lacy turned up to the conference yesterday in an England Football shirt.

Looks like he's worried about a hostile crowd. Bless his cotton socks.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Has Calzaghe ever fought over in the US?

I will have to hand it to any fighter that can win a fight over in bratland.

I thought when the over-hill Costya fought Hatton that folks were gonna start throwing shit or run up in the ring.

Very good hometown crowd.

God forbid Costya actually won.

Sadly I might have to tivo the Lacy/Calzaghe fight. I hate watching recorded matches.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast