Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Full draw:

Charlton v Middlesbrough

Aston Villa or Manchester City v Bolton or West Ham

Chelsea v Newcastle United

Birmingham v Liverpool

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    There's a few teams left in it that have got the better of Chelsea in recent times. I think NUFC's main hope is a draw at Stamford and a replay at St. James' ftw.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Ah, the UK's second best domestic cup competition.

I hope Newcastle win it but that Shearer's aids keeps him out of the line-up for the final.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

I hope Newcastle win it but that Shearer's aids keeps him out of the line-up for the final.
    His aids is getting the better of him I hear.

Here's a picture of him at Saturday's match after he had swapped shirts with a Southampton player.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi

You can tell it's the bad aids too because his hair has gone all bouffanted and ghey.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    CIS Cup FTW

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    They've decided to have the final at the Millennium Stadium again, presumably because there's a fairly good chance of an all-London final...

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I've just been reading about the failure of Multiplex to build the new Wembley in time. With them having now spent in excess of one BILLION UK pounds (a thousand million - not the traditional billion, mind you), you'd expect them to be able to deliver a more promising statement than 'Well, we are 70% sure that it will be done by the 13th of May'.

This incompetent firm has already missed three deadlines.

People tend to take the piss when government funding is offered. I was involved in a very small way with the construction of the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff (drove there every Friday afternoon to deliver wage slips to a few sub-contractors ). I never did manage to catch anyone doing any work. Everyone there seemed to be milling around, pushing sweeping brushes in a disinterested manner.

However, Laing managed to complete the job (seven years ago) on time for a relatively prudent £130m.

Now, I've been to the Millennium Stadium to watch games on at least 30 occasions since then, possibly nearer 40 now I'm thinking about it - and it's an absolutely magnificent place, Old Trafford probably comes close but doesn't really rival it as the best stadium in the UK. I can't imagine Wembley being that much better - certainly not £900m better.

Wtf has happened to all the money.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I've just been reading about the failure of Multiplex to build the new Wembley in time. With them having now spent in excess of one BILLION UK pounds (a thousand million - not the traditional billion, mind you), you'd expect them to be able to deliver a more promising statement than 'Well, we are 70% sure that it will be done by the 13th of May'.

This incompetent firm has already missed three deadlines.

People tend to take the piss when government funding is offered. I was involved in a very small way with the construction of the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff (drove there every Friday afternoon to deliver wage slips to a few sub-contractors ). I never did manage to catch anyone doing any work. Everyone there seemed to be milling around, pushing sweeping brushes in a disinterested manner.

However, Laing managed to complete the job (seven years ago) on time for a relatively prudent £130m.

Now, I've been to the Millennium Stadium to watch games on at least 30 occasions since then, possibly nearer 40 now I'm thinking about it - and it's an absolutely magnificent place, Old Trafford probably comes close but doesn't really rival it as the best stadium in the UK. I can't imagine Wembley being that much better - certainly not £900m better.

Wtf has happened to all the money.
    For clarification: £1,000,000,000 = $∞

We were just talking about this at work. The Millennium stadium is a fantastic venue, and was sort of built quietly overnight without any fuss and bother, and as you say, on-time and on-budget. It also has a retractable roof, FTW

The whole Wembley thing has been an embarrassment, and doesn't bode well for the Olympics really, does it? They'd better start building yesterday, or it's going to make the Athens last-minute panic look like a walk in the park.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    the new wembley is probably late since you have to live in the london borough of brent to work on the site. kinda cuts down on the number of people you can actually hire.

The cost is probably due to the differnce between working on a site in central london and in cardiff. granted £900 million difference is still massive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast