Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USA TV Shows (Lost, Scrubs, Smallville etc)

Question Mark

Why are none of these shows not showing new eps this week?

Is it a national holiday week ? whats so special about this week that they have thrown out the usual tv scheduling ?

Anyone know?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Ignoring the double-negative for a moment, they have weird scheduling practices. Lost will show for a few weeks and then have a couple of weeks off. I don't pretend to fully understand it but I'd imagine there are weeks when they feel they would lose viewers due to holidays or their cute little sporting events. For instance last week WWE: Raw was not shown because of a Dog Show.

Just about the only show they manage to show every week (that I watch at least) is 24.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Stupid Producers Stop Messing About With The Scheduling

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    The USA TV show market is about making money so they move shows around based on when they think they'll do best in a given time slot.

A channel like ABC has been doing bad for years then they got Lost and Desperate Housewives. When a channel does bad it makes it hard to even advertise for another good show 'cause the people aren't on the channel in the first place to see the advertisement.

A sporting event or special is something that can't be changed and it also allows the TV show normally in that spot to extend farther.
    A holiday week is bad to waste on a top rated show. People tend to travel, get out the house and not stay glued to a set. It's similar to the reason top shows are not aired in the summer. We are having cookouts, vacationing, and the kid's have no school.

Over here we have soooo many shows to watch that when a show doesn't come on for a couple weeks, it is a minor annoyance.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    The USA TV show market is about making money so they move shows around based on when they think they'll do best in a given time slot.

A channel like ABC has been doing bad for years then they got Lost and Desperate Housewives. When a channel does bad it makes it hard to even advertise for another good show 'cause the people aren't on the channel in the first place to see the advertisement.

A sporting event or special is something that can't be changed and it also allows the TV show normally in that spot to extend farther.
    A holiday week is bad to waste on a top rated show. People tend to travel, get out the house and not stay glued to a set. It's similar to the reason top shows are not aired in the summer. We are having cookouts, vacationing, and the kid's have no school.

Over here we have soooo many shows to watch that when a show doesn't come on for a couple weeks, it is a minor annoyance.

ok cool thanks for info. so what week is it actually in the US this week ?
    School vacation or a holiday ?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Must admit this had been baffling me as well. Most of the U.S series seem to have ground to a halt for the rest of Feb. Schedule changes do happen for holidays and stuff in many countries but it doesn't seem like there is a holiday at the moment in the U.S so the random switches and changes are just weird

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    lol
    but what is the occasion ?
    why the holiday ?
    must be a reason?
    washington's birthday ?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Many of the shows I like to watch weekly are reruns or off this week or for a while. Gilmore Girls (rerun), Prison Break (Off til march), and Surface (also off til march), for example. I'm not so sure about LOST, but I hope it's not a rerun. That show is my favorite and they've been pretty iffy with their continuous airing of it for one reason or another.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    lost is a rerun also ..

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    checkout http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/
    lists days that shows are on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast