Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mpeg Nuisance "watermark" Question

I have a vcd copy of LotR:TT that is a very high quality mpeg. It is in 4 parts, each file is some 800,00+ KB. My dvd player doesnt support vcd, but I have watched these files off my hd with WMP.

All was fine with them for a while (about a month), but now something weird happens: there are these little squares that look like a small tic-tac-toe diagram that used to just sit in the black space to the upper right of the movie while it played, but now...these squares have started dancing around all over the place. Guess it's supposed to make me stop watching it...as if.

Does anyone know about this thing and/or could someone give me a link that I might try to circumvent the problem?

I have tried re-copying the files from cd, changing the date on my computer, to no avail. Also have tried watching the original files from the cd via WMP...same dancing squares.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ps I did search the forums, but didn't find anything after 20 minutes of looking so just Had to ask hehe

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    you know. i have this very same problem with my daredevil vcd.... originally, on my old hard drive, the 9 square tick tack toe like box, just stayed in the black of the widescreen, which wasnt an issue.

since i have moved my stuff to my new hard, and fresh install, it moves all over the damn screen! its annoying as hell to say the least.

i have reextracted the mpg from the bin, with vcdgear, and i still get the same thing. i watched it with bsplayer, same thing...

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Forum Star
    Uninstall your K-lite Codec Pack and get the newer version from http://doa2.host.sk

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    i dont use the klite codec pack, nothing personally against klite, but i find the Nimo Codec pack, a much better bundle... as have been using it for like 3-4 years.

Your sure its a codec issue paul? Though that would explain why after my "fresh install" it started moving, as i had reinstall all my codecs, and possibly may have lost some rare versions, etc.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    btw... even with the klite pack installed... it still continued.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Sounds like a virus. I, like Schmiggy, don't use the klite codec pack. I use Nimo, Divx 5, and a/c3, no more no less, no problem.
    Proud member of MDS

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    I've never had this problem, try a virus scan.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    theres no viruses on this system. i scan weekly, update norton daily...

it does it with no other movies... so the virus thing doesnt really fit that profile either...

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Yes it definitely isn't a virus problem.

Quite annoying, however.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    I read about this issue somewhere, I believe it's an issue when you use an unregistered copy of the codec. K-lite codec pack I think have unregistered copies or Illegally patched copies of the said codec. I could be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast