Thread: I need to find a heatsink hold down

Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    anyone know where to find the plastic thing on a mobo that the heatsink attaches to? its an asus p4 socket 478. we noticed the temps were retardedly high on this pc, so we took the heatsink off and realized that one of the 4 holders broke allowing the heatsink to not set firmly against the cpu. The temps were hittin 75c. I hope you know what Im talking about. Its the plastic part that the heatsink and fan attach to (its part of the mobo held down by 4 screws), then you flip the 2 levers applying pressure to the cpu. I cant seems to find this anywhere. I will call asus, but Im not sure they will just sell me that thing, and the mobo is out of warranty. Thanks for any help It looks like this thing here in this link http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowIm...n=THERMALRIGHT SI-120 High Performance Heatsink - Retail only I need one that holds down with 4 screws, not just 2 like the one in that pic
    Last edited by Mïcrösöül°V³; 02-24-2006 at 01:23 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    ok, nevermind, A friend found one at a pc shop a few towns away. I never would have believed someone would carry this thing.